• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

1folinepilot

To: All_PIC; All_SIC
Subject: Message from Michael

To all Flight Options pilots:

Our Q & A meetings in DFW and other locations around the country are designed to be forums for communication. I have read the union’s weekly messages instructing you to boycott meetings with Company management. That’s unfortunate. I believe we need more communication, not less.

The union wrote that the Company does not respect you and your families. That accusation is simply not true, and such unfounded claims detract from our mission of building a company that is viable and profitable and provides long and financially rewarding careers for all us who wish to remain on the Flight Options team. Open communications between all employees at Flight Options, which includes each of you and each member of management, is vital.

My hope is that each of you will meet with members of management whenever the opportunity arises, which, given your diverse geographic locations, is far too infrequent. I will be in Dallas at the Homewood Suites tonight, Monday, February 11. I would like to talk with those of you who are in Dallas this week about our visions for the future of Flight Options and what that means to our many valued employees. I would like to share how recent events, like the H.I.G. transaction and the Phenom 300 order, impact our Company now and in the coming years. Most importantly, I would like to hear from you what ideas and what concerns you may have about our Company and the pilot workforce.

M

----------------------------------------------

Michael,

Your repeated predatory actions against this and every pilot group that you have ever managed have made it crystal clear that you have absolutely no respect for us and our families. If you had any resect for this pilot group, you would have by now signed an industry leading contract that is equal to the contract Warren Buffet signed for his pilots.

Unless you are going to tell us that you are going to immediately sign a contract with this pilot group to treat and work with us like the professionals that we are, I see no point in attending your meeting tonight!

Last edited:
Most importantly, I would like to hear from you what ideas and what concerns you may have about our Company and the pilot workforce.

M

Does he really need to travel all the way to Dallas to hear that the pilots are concerned about pay, bases, benefits, the future of the company, operational issues, etc.?

Most importantly, I would like to hear from you what ideas and what concerns you may have about our Company and the pilot workforce.

If after 20 months of negotiations you still don't know what the pilots concerns are you are totally out of touch with reality and should be seeking therapy. :mad:

If after 20 months of negotiations you still don't know what the pilots concerns are you are totally out of touch with reality and should be seeking therapy. :mad:

20 Minutes? How about several years! There is nothing left to say to him. Contract now!

The rest of the story

The rest of the story about "M"'s failed propaganda session in DFW last night.

There were 3 not 2 pilots there in attendance, the 2 named above and another with the initials CG. "M" held court with his 3 hungry little birds for nearly 2 hr before emerging into the lobby where approximately 30 Mechanics and pilots were sitting and having the last of the free beer. "M" made the rounds of the room speaking briefly to the MX guys and then the pilots. He asked our pilots in the lobby if they had any questions and did not receive a single response and promptly left with a swish.:p

Gents I have to tell you that hearing how our pilots had the solidarity to stand together and send "M" and the rest of management this strong message really makes me feel like we will win this war. With this kind of spirit of solidarity we will be successful at negotiating a good first contract that we will all be proud of. Some might ask what message are you talking about? The message is that we will not be fractured, we will not be lied to, that we are determined as a group with one mind and one voice to achieve a contract at Floptions regardless of the actions of management. A message that nothing management has to say short of, show me where to sign, is of any value or interest to us.

All of you that have been involved in this process remember last night it will mark a significant milestone in the spirit and solidarity of the pilots of Flight Options.

Congratulations to all you pilots in DFW that had the stones to stand together and say no to "M".:beer:

Our Q & A meetings in DFW and other locations around the country are designed to be forums for communication. I have read the union’s weekly messages instructing you to boycott meetings with Company management. That’s unfortunate. I believe we need more communication, not less.

The union wrote that the Company does not respect you and your families. That accusation is simply not true, and such unfounded claims detract from our mission of building a company that is viable and profitable and provides long and financially rewarding careers for all us who wish to remain on the Flight Options team. Open communications between all employees at Flight Options, which includes each of you and each member of management, is vital.

My hope is that each of you will meet with members of management whenever the opportunity arises, which, given your diverse geographic locations, is far too infrequent. I will be in Dallas at the Homewood Suites tonight, Monday, February 11. I would like to talk with those of you who are in Dallas this week about our visions for the future of Flight Options and what that means to our many valued employees. I would like to share how recent events, like the H.I.G. transaction and the Phenom 300 order, impact our Company now and in the coming years. Most importantly, I would like to hear from you what ideas and what concerns you may have about our Company and the pilot workforce.

M

----------------------------------------------

Michael,

Your repeated predatory actions against this and every pilot group that you have ever managed have made it crystal clear that you have absolutely no respect for us and our families. If you had any resect for this pilot group, you would have by now signed an industry leading contract that is equal to the contract Warren Buffet signed for his pilots.

Unless you are going to tell us that you are going to immediately sign a contract with this pilot group to treat and work with us like the professionals that we are, I see no point in attending your meeting tonight![/QUOTE]

One would think that the current MGT team of Flight Options would have learned something from the mistakes of their predecessors and choose not to follow in their footsteps.

Last edited:
it's often a tactic of mgt to attempt to divide the group by ignoring your leadership and going straight to the pilots. they always couch it in terms of 'increasing communication'. it's a mistake to participate, particularly if a few take positions that aren't consistent with those taken by your elected leadership. Mgt will then use those contradictory positions to divide and conquer. They tried the same thing at NJA during training and classrooms full of pilots dressed in those nifty polos sat stonefaced and wouldn't engage. the meetings stopped shortly thereafter. well done to the DFW crowd!

Excellent move on the pilots.

Stay strong all. You will get your contract.

Well Played Fellas!!!

The rest of the story about "M"'s failed propaganda session in DFW last night.

"M" held court with his 3 hungry little birds for nearly 2 hr before emerging into the lobby where approximately 30 Mechanics and pilots were sitting and having the last of the free beer. "M" made the rounds of the room speaking briefly to the MX guys and then the pilots. He asked our pilots in the lobby if they had any questions and did not receive a single response and promptly left with a swish.:p

Nicely done!! :beer:

Latest resources

Back