• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba TA passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another airline lowering the bar. It's a shame, Mesaba used to be a good airline, now there just another Mesa.

742 votes cast, 493 Yes = 66% PASS

Hopefully this will bring some much needed growth and happier times at Mesaba this has been a long process. We didn't meet all of our goals but I don't think anyone ever does.

For me individually I am getting a 23% raise overnight along with about a $2500 retro check. An eleventh day off a month, and biddable reserve lines. Just to name a few improvments.

P.S. the way I understand any of you out there that work even part of the year at Mesaba during 2004 will also be getting a retro check. be looking for it.

Guys, I would'nt come close to calling Mesaba Mesa. Fully read their contract, andaside from pay rates and per diem, it's not to bad of a deal. Many go straight to pay rates and judge the CONTRACT on them only. As for Mesa; Mesaba's contract is light years better than Mesa and better than Chuatauqa's. While not earthshattering it's by far from the worst out there. Also keep in mind Mesaba isn't infesting the US with small jets, they are primarily a turbo prop operation.

You guys have my respect, you kept your composure for 3 years and did the right thing. Congrats on moving on enjoying you future.

Last edited:
Another airline lowering the bar. It's a shame, Mesaba used to be a good airline, now there just another Mesa.

No, they did not lower the bar. Mesaba pilots voted on a TA that was a step forward for them not backward like Mesa. Granted, not as far forward as the rest of the pilots in this industry wanted to see, but nonetheless forward. The rest of us were not in thier situation at the present and have no right to judge. It was a descent TA. Congratulations Mesaba pilots.

The only people that would compare this New contract to what Mesa is working under have not done any reasearch and are uninformed at best.

Skyward, please feel free to list any section of our new contract that lowers the bar for this industry.

Our scope and trainning sections are setting the bar are new 4hr min day look FWD is also the new standard in day pay. We are in the upper 80-100% in ever other section.

Thank you to all the level-headed, intelligent members out there that have read the Mesaba Contract and have done the research. We are Mesaba -- with the "BA" on the end. Anyone not realizing this needs to do some homework, and stop posting hate mail on these boards. Thank you to all the ALPA guys and gals that supported us through this long and miserable process. I speak for all Mesaba pilots in saying we will be there for all of you in the future.

MM

Latest resources

Back