Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

brokedash

Member of the DX A-Team
Word through inside sources there say internal communication to employees confirms the airline is getting four more 900s for the US operation.

From the For-What's-It-Worth department, JO told a group of instructors that Airways came to him and asked if we would rebid on the PHX flying that Sky King is doing. I guess Airways is not happy with their performance. Their contract ends around June I think.

Just a rumor so nobody get their angel underwear in a knot.

The four 900's heading for CLT have been on the books for a while now.

Can you think of a better way to put cost preasure on SKW.... Just have Mesa through in a bid... They (Mesa) are behind on there E175 program. How would they get 200's back up and running again...

I think Mesa will already have a heck of a time staffing the 30 E175's as well as the 4 addtional CRJ 900's and any attrition to come about with new pilots. Mesa already had a hard time just finding them for the 9 CRJ 900's we finally got staffed 6 months after the last one came online. All the regionals are already having a hard time finding pilots with 1500 hours. So I think that Airways dropping Skywest and giving more flying to Mesa is next to impossible for Mesa to handle at this point in the game.

I think Mesa will already have a heck of a time staffing the 30 E175's as well as the 4 addtional CRJ 900's and any attrition to come about with new pilots. Mesa already had a hard time just finding them for the 9 CRJ 900's we finally got staffed 6 months after the last one came online. All the regionals are already having a hard time finding pilots with 1500 hours. So I think that Airways dropping Skywest and giving more flying to Mesa is next to impossible for Mesa to handle at this point in the game.

As far as I know, the E175 is still on the original schedule that the company presented when they announced the operation.

Regarding staffing - I have a feeling that Mesa has some sort of staffing plan figured out already. What would happen... for example... if a certain regional or regionals lost a contract at the same time Mesa picked one up? For example, Air Wisconsin? Or, what if Mesa is planning to acquire another regional just to pick up the pilots? Yeah some would quit, but we all know that many would hang in there, at least until they move on. I can think of a few carriers that could fit the bill...

I'm not claiming that these things will happen. I'm just suggesting that there may be ways around the staffing problem... for now. We all know how these airlines get shuffled around.

OO's contract allows 200s to be replaced with 700s. Makes you wonder if US would want Mesa to takeover with larger planes?

I've been hearing "Quick Upgrade" at Mesa. How long is a quick upgrade? (To thwart the useless replies of some, I understand that we can only predict with the information we have at hand and if something changes it's anybody's guess....who would have predicted the outcome of the superbowl?)

Latest resources

Back