Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jeepman

Obssesed with JEEP's
Just wondering if anyone knows if Mesa did a j4j deal with UAL for the 70 seaters. They are trying to do it with us, but our management won't let them compromise our seniority.

We have not signed a J4J deal with United. I haven't heard of one being on the table or anything like that, but if there was I doubt many of our guys would go for it. I think the United scope relief doesn't really have alot of firm language about United guys getting any sort of special rights or anything, just "employment opportunities"

From what we're hearing out west, it sounds like the UAL/SkyWest deal is hung up due to J4J type issues. Anyone have any hard facts on this? It's all RUMOUR so far, but it sounds like the issues are SkyWest not agreeing to placing UAL crews in the seats of the 70-seaters as well as a reference to longevity pay. Not trying to fire anyone up here, just trying to find out what is going on if anyone knows.

Rumors I heard is that UAL wanted their guys in the left seat of the '70's. We said "thanks, but no thanks" and that is where we sit currently. Just a rumor though.

MKAY!! :) :) ;)

Funny, I'd heard that it was all furloughs to the right seat of the 70's (50's also since we supposed to mix the fleets) at second year jet F/O pay. Kinda defeats the pay savings we agreed to a few months back.

???

Regardless ... one wonders if it's true that Mesa is accelerating placement of 70 seaters in Denver for United while the contract hangs, unsigned, at SkyWest while ALPA tries to better things for furloughees. Did Mesa cave and give in to ALPA, or is ALPA being ignored by Mesa and United management?

Back when you guys at SKYW, ACA and ARW were voting on your "save United" concessions, I warned you that there would be a J4J proposal based on the UAL concessionary contract. You ingnored it or told me that I was "full of it".

Has the serpent raised its ugly head?

As for MESA, if it comes their way they'll buy it, just like they "lead the way" by swallowing the USAirways scams.

As for ALPA, if you don't think they'll push it as far as they can, think again. J4J is an ALPA creation. "Regional" seniority is of no concern to ALPA.

Last edited:
Not a word here..

At Mesa, at least in PHX, I have not heard a word about a UAL J4J. Per our MEC, we need only provide UAL people the much thrown around "employment oppurtunities." My understanding, any additional J4J will need to be approved by the Association, and I am pretty sure no one wants to do that again. Of course, we still have no idea FOR SURE where these airplanes will even be flying.

ALL 700's are still FREEDOM at Mesa. Word of a transition training period for Mesa pilots to fly the 700 is supposedly starting in Sep...but we'll see.

How long has the Skywest "hangup" rumor been floating around...I haven't heard it here.

Mkay? said:
Rumors I heard is that UAL wanted their guys in the left seat of the '70's. We said "thanks, but no thanks" and that is where we sit currently. Just a rumor though.

MKAY!! :) :) ;)

No worries. You guys will be flying 70 seaters for DL very soon. Man I hate United. I left OO when United came in (operations). I went to DL ops.

Latest resources

Back