Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
M

mnalpha

like some fat chick that no one wants to fvck, untill they are drunk.

Why dont you guys grow a ball sack and fix the sh|t you have done to everyone. your MEC are a bunch of greencard fags, and you guys dont have the balls to replace them. how many pay cuts, and jobs are you willing to cost others to fly a throwaway jet?!!

do something about what you have done, or forever be known as the lightningrod of poverty and sellouts.

you started the race to the bottom......JERKS

I have not stopped clapping, except to right this..... You hit that fat chick right square in the flubber....

VERY impressive mnalpha! Okay, let's try this: breaaaaathe in, breaaaaaathe out. And again. Now go to your happy place. Gooooooood. Okay, now work with me here...

Instead of an immature, senseless rant, why not actually present a detailed case as to WHY, Mesa in particular, has been the SOLE reason for the current turmoil in this industry. Why they are the SOLE root cause for pay cuts and job losses throughout the industry. I can't agree or disagree with you without having you present an intelligent case. Okay, how about semi-intelligent?

I just really, REALLY wish kids such as you, mnalpha, had ANY clue as to what the business world is all about. It's unfortunate that you skipped out on taking that economics class for the easy "pass/fail" home-ec class during your brief stint in community college. Do I need to remind you that the regional industry IS a business? It's not a token appreciation that you spent a lot of money for flight school, or slaved away as a CFI and freight dog. It's cold-hearted, ruthless, corrupt, kick-you-in-the-balls business. And guess what (drumroll, please)...businesses are in business to make money! Tough concept for your fragile mind to accept, but work with me here.

You fly for ExpressJet, correct? How's CAL doing financially? By that, I mean are they doing Google-type good, or kind of like pre-WorldCom bust good? You're right...not that good (everyone clap for mnalpha!). Neither is Delta, or United, or NWA. And those four happen to supply the majority of you regional pilots with jobs. If CAL's not exactly a cash cow, then why do you think they may want to spend less for their regional flying? Same reason Delta wasn't too hip on paying Comair's rather hefty rates as well. In short, when you're spending more money than you make, that's not good. You with me? (I'm trying to keep this basic)

I challenge you to do some research. Even if you have NO interest in the business world, do yourself a favor and read up on the history of Wal-Mart. You know, Wal-Mart, that once tiny discount retailer from backwoods Arkansas that has transformed itself into quite an economic powerhouse? I think you'll be amazed at the similarities between a company such as Mesa versus Wal-Mart.

Okay, I have a feeling that your limited attention span has hit its saturation point. I look forward to a professional, intelligent reply from you as to WHAT, specifically, Mesa has done to cause (A) ALL of the pay cuts in this industry, (B) ALL of the job losses in this industry, and (C) how Mesa started the "race to the bottom". Oh yeah, what I did is just called an "Executive Recap". It's part of a business report. See....there you go. You just learned your VERY first subject on business.

...now go to bed junior.

Ok.....I will chime in here. I have a degree in business so I know where you are coming from as far as economics go. BUT, If their were not carriers out their willing to do the job for a low wage, the majors would just have to stick with what they have. Really.....what do you have to gain from working for low wages? Unless you are some guy that has so much pride in his company and wants it to be the best I guess. I guess if you lived for your company you would work for low wages. I just don't get the whole lets help the company concept in this industry. Sure, maybe not go after them for huge raises, but to give up 15, 25, 40% your pay is just idiotic. Your beloved Wal Mart employees would not even do that.

UNTIL THE REal Wal-Mart entered the seen at LUV? Ask any Legacy pilot that was around how they felt about SWA? LOWER FARES = LOWER WAGES. There is your important lesson in economics.

mesa does have some sweet company jackets though. hell my flight school jacket kicks ARSE over any mesa uniform i have seen. Get some dignity.

Where is Flying the Line Vol. 3 - Rise of the RJ: The Line Pilot in Chaos when you need it to inform the uneducated. George Hopkins could get first-hand knowledge about it from his son!

NEWS FLASH: Mesa's contract sucks. It has since 2003 and it will until 2007. Its not like they wanted to accept a crap contract so their scumbag CEO could underbid the established carriers, they had to accept that crap to end the threat of alter-ego Freedom via scope. CHQ did the same thing with their contract due to Republic, and TSA didn't and now we have GJ. We'd all be interested to see how the loudmouths on this board would react when put in a similar situation, and it appears unfortunately a few more will be tested.

Do you people talk to MAG pilots in the crew van? Don't you know how angry their pilot group is? They would burn that MFer down yesterday if they legally could! Quit b!tching and moaning about ALPA and instead volunteer for your MEC to make your pilot group stronger. Lend support to your union brothers and sisters who are struggling under the threat of an alter-ego or concessions. Most importantly, quit acting like a bunch of playground 11 year olds and educate yourself about the issues facing us within this industry. You want to be paid and respected like a professional, its about time you act like one.

The Truth said:
VERY impressive mnalpha! Okay, let's try this: breaaaaathe in, breaaaaaathe out. And again. Now go to your happy place. Gooooooood. Okay, now work with me here...

Instead of an immature, senseless rant, why not actually present a detailed case as to WHY, Mesa in particular, has been the SOLE reason for the current turmoil in this industry. Why they are the SOLE root cause for pay cuts and job losses throughout the industry. I can't agree or disagree with you without having you present an intelligent case. Okay, how about semi-intelligent?

I just really, REALLY wish kids such as you, mnalpha, had ANY clue as to what the business world is all about. It's unfortunate that you skipped out on taking that economics class for the easy "pass/fail" home-ec class during your brief stint in community college. Do I need to remind you that the regional industry IS a business? It's not a token appreciation that you spent a lot of money for flight school, or slaved away as a CFI and freight dog. It's cold-hearted, ruthless, corrupt, kick-you-in-the-balls business. And guess what (drumroll, please)...businesses are in business to make money! Tough concept for your fragile mind to accept, but work with me here.

You fly for ExpressJet, correct? How's CAL doing financially? By that, I mean are they doing Google-type good, or kind of like pre-WorldCom bust good? You're right...not that good (everyone clap for mnalpha!). Neither is Delta, or United, or NWA. And those four happen to supply the majority of you regional pilots with jobs. If CAL's not exactly a cash cow, then why do you think they may want to spend less for their regional flying? Same reason Delta wasn't too hip on paying Comair's rather hefty rates as well. In short, when you're spending more money than you make, that's not good. You with me? (I'm trying to keep this basic)

I challenge you to do some research. Even if you have NO interest in the business world, do yourself a favor and read up on the history of Wal-Mart. You know, Wal-Mart, that once tiny discount retailer from backwoods Arkansas that has transformed itself into quite an economic powerhouse? I think you'll be amazed at the similarities between a company such as Mesa versus Wal-Mart.

Okay, I have a feeling that your limited attention span has hit its saturation point. I look forward to a professional, intelligent reply from you as to WHAT, specifically, Mesa has done to cause (A) ALL of the pay cuts in this industry, (B) ALL of the job losses in this industry, and (C) how Mesa started the "race to the bottom". Oh yeah, what I did is just called an "Executive Recap". It's part of a business report. See....there you go. You just learned your VERY first subject on business.

...now go to bed junior.

Economics???????????? No such thing in the airline industry. No pension, poverty wages..shall i go on??

Nobody held a gun to the Mesa's pilots head, yes they voted on the deal to end the whipsawing with ALPA and Freedom Air, plus t bring the CCAIR pilots back. But by then the NMB already ruled that Freedom, CCAIR and Mesa are to get a CBA under one umbrella and one seniority list. Even today, thier CBA gets dragged through the mud. Why is advancment to quick at Mes? The turnover, that's why. I know many Mesa pilots and they're a class act. The work thier a$$e$ off not because of management but in spite of. We need to blame thier mgt not thier pilots

Drill SGT Dad...I agree with what you said. And if indeed YV picks up more flying (Indy Air, spare Comair/Coex planes) I'm afraid those pilots will have a very hard time negotiating a better contract next time. I think they'll be stuck with what they've got now...forever. This part scares me as their contract negatively affects the rest of the industry. If their contract doesn't improve, ours will only get worse.

Latest resources

Back