Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
priceless!!

mckpickle said:
Ok so my question is......do we still treat the Freedom guys like the "red headed step children" they are or will "all be forgiven"? Just want to know who can ride my jumpseat.

I garan-frickin-ass-T-ya if this went the other way, and Freedom was left to expand while Mesa was shrunk what we would have had is more and more nanny-nah'ing, justifying, blame shifting, and enabling from Mesa mgmt against the rest of the pilot group and Mesa would have gone the way of CCair and West Air and if we should have been so lucky to end up like Air Midwest. Now everybody wants US to forgive and forget and the ink isnt even on paper yet?? Incredible.

I personally am a human being before i am a pilot. I have a higher governing authority than ALPA. I will find it extremely hard to forgive the freedom pilots but forgiving them is essential to the existence of Mesa from here on out. I will forgive and begin to work together but never forget. We know what you were all trying to do. Had we given you a half a chance you would have run with it.

I am proud to have been a part of Mesa during this historical battle. I will tell my grandchildren about it. We need to thank Johnathan Orenstien and Mesa mgmt. What they just did for unionism in this industry was priceless. DOH!!

>>>Everything else, pay, per diem, duty time, seat locks, etc.. is still subject to Section 6 negotiation<<<

Uhhhh, what kind of a TA is that? IS what you meant to call this is a LOA alllowing Jets for jobs while the real contract remains to be negotiated?

Either way, congrats on getting rid of Freedom and saving CCAir. Hopefully the CHQ guys will learn a lesson from this

Clarification Requested...

Does this mean that Freedom pilots are now ALPA members and not referred to as "scabs?" What about the current Freedom CRJ-700 captains - will they get bumped back to FO based on seniority - will senior Mesa pilots be able to bump the Freedom captains down to the 50 seaters?

I just flew on a Freedom CRJ-700 as a pax and the aircraft is AWFUL - very cramped with ZERO bin space - I had to check my regular carry-on and wait for it at baggage claim - NOT GOOD FOR BUSINESS TRAVELERS I AM SURE. I noted that neither pilot's name was ever mentioned to the passengers like a regular PA.

Is it OK to be a Freedom pilot now?

Definately not forgiven

We may have to accept them back into the seniority list, but no way will they ever be "forgiven" by the rest of Mesa's pilots. Also I hope these guys don't expect to ever get a recommendation for anything, like the captains letters for upgrade or for a job beyond Mesa.

Also, nothing has actually occurred yet beyond Johnny O and the union agreeing to a bullet line type contract. All the actual minutia and details have to be worked out in more negotiations. For example, they may have the line 5% pay raise in the Ta, but what exactly that means is very different in the details.

Also nothing has changed with Freedom right now, the CCAir pilots aren't instantly back to work and we don't all of a sudden have 50 more jets. This is all going to take time.

Whats the deal with a 3 year seat lock, and where will the CCair pilot go on are list, what happen if the pilots dont approve it?

Freedom already getting integrated.

The company just opened the 700's for pilots in Mesa's seniority list (including CCAir) to bid. 28 positions are available and the class date is 5 Feb. All these pilots will be flying "Freedom" aircraft but will be current members of Mesa Air Group, not non-union. The first agreements of this TA are moving fast.

I still have no idea whether or for how long the current Freedom guys will be flying the 700's. Also, no mention yet about putting other Mesa pilots into the right seat. I'm guessing that they only have so many class slots to go around right now and they are taking care of the Captain positions first.

Since all these positions are in PHX, I'm guessing that these positions will be going pretty senior on Mesa's list. PHX seems to be where a large number of Mesa pilots want to be.

Latest resources

Back