MESA Pilots, what the HELL!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sonic340 said:
You don't see the pilots at Mesaba who have been in mediation for 9 months now or so bending over and letting management screw them like the Mesa guys just keep doing. You guys must like it. Mesaba is in the same timeframe for negotiating yet there remains one big difference in the two. They recognize all the sacrifices that each regional before them made and realize that they absolutely can't drop the ball or we all lose! 95% of the pilots there would rather see the doors closed than to settle for managements bullsh**t scare tactics. You guys need to wake up and take a good look around you cause you're gonna be there for a long **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** time. Do you fly for the fun of it or are you real professionals?

Has Mesaba Mgmt started transferring any of your flying to Big Sky or Pinnacle? I'm not talking about "we give you a little, you give us a little". I'm talking about every airplane Freedumb was getting was costing Mesa one airplane. Please don't compare your situation to Mesa's until this is happening. When and if it does we will see how you guys deal with it. Good luck. I hope it turns out better for you then for Mesa. -Bean

Re: take a pill

supsup said:
In my opinion, this contract is a good representation of our economy. I don't think that Mesa pilots could have even come close to getting a Comair or Whiskey contract in this economy. I guess what I'm trying to say is layoff, be happy that your fellow union brothers get to keep their jobs and have a little stability in their lives. Good luck Mesa.

Excuse me but this industry operates on a cycle. So what do you propose when this industry reheats and booms and the economy is 180 degrees from what it is now, MESA is making tons of $$$$ and the pilots are stuck with .00, yeah pennies and pos work rules. We need to think in terms of the future because the company will not be sympathetic and give back money when times are good!

:mad:

Re: Re: take a pill

sgu said:
supsup said:
Excuse me but this industry operates on a cycle. So what do you propose when this industry reheats and booms and the economy is 180 degrees from what it is now, MESA is making tons of $$$$ and the pilots are stuck with .00, yeah pennies and pos work rules. We need to think in terms of the future because the company will not be sympathetic and give back money when times are good!

:mad:

You sir are 100% correct. In 1 to 2 years the company will be making huge porfits and the pilots will be working under a concessionary contract for 2 to 2 1/2 years. Sounds like a crappy deal to me!

Im a Mesa pilot on the 1900 I voted no and I know that 60 to 70% of the1900 pilot voted the same. Only pilots with 7 years or greater will benifit from this TA!

One thing to remember. There are ALWAYS Loopholes in a contract that Management will use to their advantage. Thus a contract is never quite as good as it seems on the surface (somtimes it is a HELL of a lot worse, just ask us Eagle guys). If you have what ammounts to a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ty contract from the start, just remember, it will only get worse. If Mesa votes yes, ALPA National will be forced to ship every pilot a tube of lube for their flight kit just to ease the pain.

Beantown,

Just so you are informed a little better - Mesaba management is not in charge of who does our flying, big brother a.k.a. Northwest Airlines is. They are currently shifting our flying to Pinnacle which is wholly owned by NWA. Big Sky is being used as a threat against the pilot group at XJ. We have been shrinking by losing Saabs and Pinnacle is being grown at this time because they will fly cheaper than us. Our contract negotiations are being stalled by our management as the normal NWA negotiations handbook calls for. They will try to break us down but at this time we are unified against yet another attempt to lower the economic bar amongst professional pilots. Mesa pilots, we hope you stand firm for a better contract. This free fall to the bottom has got to stop. Ask yourself if flying for an airline is worth minimum wage or less because that is where this is headed unless it stops SOON! Also remember that the contract that is agreed on today will be in place in 4 years or more when the economy turns around and the majors start raking in the bucks and you won't be getting a piece of that pie.

Beantown,
Thanks for not being informed on what Mesaba has on its plate. Flying has been transferred to Pinnacle with our flights being cut down. The Mesaba President and D.O. have admitted it in the last issue of the company propaganda magazine. Pinnacle has gone all jet and has picked up routes that previously were Mesaba. We have 50 furloughed pilots. How many does Pinnacle have? Zero. Reference LOA 21 in the XJ contract if you have any questions about what should happen if a transfer of flying is to take place with a NW regional.

To all the Mesa pilots who thought that a regional airline was somewhat of a joke....This is the time to make sure that you do not sell out the rest of us in the regional pilot realm. We all have had dreams of the majors with the days off, pay, retirements, and so forth. My best friend flies for Mesa and says that this is a crap deal. Vote NO unless you think that you could earn even less and have worse benefits with a college degree doing a normal job.

propilot150 said:
Sheesh , Give the guys a break. Remember , growth is always good :). Also MESA seems like a good company to me. So i hope thye get the contract. I dunno why you regional guys get so jumpy on a small deal like this. Take
Care
Captain Landry

Shut your hole! Go fly a piper.

Latest resources

Back