• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Pilot Program

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello I am six weeks from gradating from high school and I am looking into the mesa Pilot program and I was wondering what you all think about it, I like the mesa pilot program because you get a 2 year AS degree and you get a interview with mesa. If you all know of any better place please let me know. Thank you

You can do whatever you want to do, however, I would not go there. What is their cost????? Mesa is the worst regional airline to work for. I say go anywhere but their!!! You could go to a local FBO and get everything for less than half of the cost mesa offers I bet. You could also go to a local college or online college and get your AS degree.

I’m willing to bet most everyone else here will give you the same response.

Oh, and you do realize if you do work at mesa (or most other’s) you will be making only about $15-20,000 a year when you first start out. Just thought I would let you know that pilots don’t make $200,000 a year.

gear goes down said:

You could go to a local FBO

I was told by many pilots to stay way from the FBO here because there type of training is not up to par, and I have heard many terrible stories. Do you know of any other program that offer a program like mesa where you get a interview with a Regional carrier.

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong, there are a lot of bad FBO’s out there. But there are good one’s too. A part 141 school might be better than a part 61 school (141 means the program is approved by the FAA). As for the schools that offer a interview, most of them aren’t worth the money. And besides that, you will have to build time some how (like flight instructing) before most airlines will even look at you. Most require a minimum of approx 1,000 hrs total time and 100 hrs of multi time. When you finish up your flight training you will have about ~300 hours.

I did my flight training at Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology in Tulsa, OK. It is a very good school. They offer both AS and BS degrees also. Most graduates can get a job working as a flight instructor their if you choose. Once you’re an in instructor their and get some more flight time, their are airlines that come every now and then for interviews and most instructors get hired.

Maybe someone else here has actually done the mesa program and can give you a little more details. Maybe its worth the money, who knows these days.

Either way you choose good luck to you and have fun with your training.:D

wolfeman: A simple search on this site will tell you all you need to know about Mesa as well as any other pilot developement program. Most, if not all, are a complete waste of money, and that comes from someone who came darn close to wasting his money on one. Fortunately I listened to my friends and instructor who guided me away from that route. Dont worry about an interview at an airline at this point. Go find an instructor at any FBO (there are tons out there) and get your ratings and build time. While you are doing that, buy a cheap beater of an airplane, fly the hell out of it and meet as many people in the biz and ask questions. You would be surprised what doors will open for you along the way. Also, building your time will go faster than you think and you will have fun in the process. If you become so focused on an airline job, it will be a complete let down when you get there. Besides, when you do get there, the industry will probably be pretty different than it is now...who knows, they may even be paying a first year FO a livable wage by then! (wishful I know) Good luck! Sawmill

Last edited:
wolfeman220940 said:
I was told by many pilots to stay way from the FBO here because there type of training is not up to par, and I have heard many terrible stories. Do you know of any other program that offer a program like mesa where you get a interview with a Regional carrier.

www.prairieairservice.com

No airline interview when you're done, but they are reasonable in price and you will be a competent low-time pilot when you finish.

lol you dont need a school to get an interview. get up to mins, get recs, and have someone walk in your app. you dont need a 'fancy' school to do that now do you?

Latest resources

Back