Mesa hiring?!!!!???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anais Nin said:
Yep, it's me and me alone! Geez, I didnt know I was so powerful. I AM god-like!
Nope, I'm just a little 'ol CFI with my own plane. But your endless crying tirades about Mesa give me hours of entertainment.
Post more please. My hobby when not flying is trying to guess where you four Mesa-bashers work and see if I can guess your actual identities based on the info you provide! I feel I'm getting quite good at it!
Better'n you might think!

Anais,

You don't read too good, do ya?

Enjoy your 172 ya TOOL. Don't strain yourself too hard tryin to guess where I work and "who I really am". Ohhhhhh I better watch out Uhhh?

To everyone else,

Leave this one alone. He's a joke.

Yet another thread with someone just looking for some info that has been hijacked into a MESA bash-fest. So maybe the guy is "just a CFI", but weren't we all somewhere with low time once? Or were all of you born with your commercial license and 1500 hours? Just because he doesn't work at a regional right now doesn't mean he can't have an opinion. I mean d@mn, the guy is trying to get educated and all you can do is call him a "stupid nipplehead that flies a single engine cessner".

Now that that's over I will try and answer your question.

Lori Clark (Head of recruitment at MESA) said that there are -0- poolies in a class on April 30th. I still have not gotten word on when any CCair guys will be back. A few have already gone to PHX on the CRJ but that was pre-TA when we were allowed to bid over to the Freedom cert. (endorsed by ALPA). If you have any other questions feel free to PM me, Anais Nin, that way you won't have to be attacked by the same 6 or 8 people.

Some more info.

Yes they are interviewing off the street. No as far as I know there aren't any new hires in classes yet or with class dates. The contract only just got signed by all parties so there is going to be some chaos until stuff settles down. FYI I know an interviewer who just a couple weeks ago was interviewing a batch that included a couple of United furloughees, so there's no shortage of qualified and knowledgable people willing to come to Mesa.

As far as the CCAir guys go, now that the contract has been signed they will be coming over for Mesa ground school as the slots come open. They do have quite a bit of leeway though as far as when they come over, it's not like they have a two week deadline. If they want they can take months to decide to come over. As far as seniority goes, that was worked out three years ago. At that time the seniority list was merged on a percentage basis. For example: if you were number 10 our of a hundred pilots at CCAir (to make the math more obvious) you would have fit in 10% down on Mesa's seniority list. If you were at the bottom of the CCAir list you would be at the bottom of Mesa's list, junior to everyone at Mesa "at the time". That means the most junior CCAir guy would still be senior to everyone hired since 2000, including all the off the street guys hired into Freedom and anyone hired under J4J or since the contract even if the CCAir pilot takes six months to actually come back and fly for Mesa.

As far as hiring into equipment goes, that is based totally on what the needs are when you get into ground school. If you come in when there are jet slots open, you'll get a jet slot. If they are only running prop classes, you'll get props. There is not going to be any bias for San Juaners as far as what position they get. They have the same chances as everyone else that comes in to get the jet or prop. For the J4J's guys, the stipulation is that they will only get to fly on jet equipment operating in the USAir system. That complicates stuff a bit, but since most of the CRJ's operates for America West or Frontier, there are still going to be plenty of seats they are not eligible for.

BTW, the CRJ 200/700/900 is going to be a common type. If you get the CRJ awarded, you could fly any of the three and your pay for the day would be based on which equipment you were flying that day. Probably going to make the payroll sheets a nightmare.

BoredToDeath said:

Because people like Anais don't care about who they fly for and under what conditions, mgt. will always win.

Boardtodeath, What was the starting pay at PSA when you went there? I have a friend that interviewed there last year and he said that the starting pay was $17 an hour for the first six months and up to $19 after that. What a joke that is! At CCair we were starting at $24 on the Dash ( Christ, we were getting $22 to start on the 19 seat Jetstreem). If people like you wouldn't give in and accept crap pay like this we would all be in a better position. Maybe CCair could have competed with your crap pay and we would still be flying. Maybe you need to take a look within before you criticize others. -Bean

"BTW, the CRJ 200/700/900 is going to be a common type. If you get the CRJ awarded, you could fly any of the three and your pay for the day would be based on which equipment you were flying that day. Probably going to make the payroll sheets a nightmare."

I saw your new contract, and all jet FO's get paid the same rate, regardless of how many seats are in the back of your jet. CA's get small increases for the extra seats.

Doesn't seem fair, does it? But, you got your scope.

To 328 Dude:

The CCAir folks did work out a seniority a few years ago as far as bidding goes.......but on the other hand they lost almost all their seniority as far as pay,vacations and benefits go.So if you are a 15yr. pilot which alot of them are you get 4yr. for pay and benefits.Unless Worth steps in and changes this these guys got screwed,not only for them but any other regional JO decides to buy.By the way in the history of ALPA as far as mergers go I could not find anywhere this has ever happened before.Oh what a can of worms we've opened........

Beantown said:
Boardtodeath, What was the starting pay at PSA when you went there? I have a friend that interviewed there last year and he said that the starting pay was $17 an hour for the first six months and up to $19 after that. What a joke that is! At CCair we were starting at $24 on the Dash ( Christ, we were getting $22 to start on the 19 seat Jetstreem). If people like you wouldn't give in and accept crap pay like this we would all be in a better position. Maybe CCair could have competed with your crap pay and we would still be flying. Maybe you need to take a look within before you criticize others. -Bean

Bean,

If your gonna post a rant like that at least get it right.

Yes PSA was the lowest paid of the WO's. But amazingly During my first year I was still able to make just under $30,000 without working to death.

Last year 2002(from 5/15/02) the starting pay for a 30-36 turbo-prop FO was $20.00/hr (this is the contract that we had no vote on)

Starting 5/15/03 0-1year FOs will make $20.40/hr and would have made $1.50/hr in per diem but concessions have brought that back down to $1.30/hr. 1-2year FO = $25.24/hr for a 30-36 seat turbo-prop.

The rates you mentioned, which were valid from 11/01/98 till 05/14/02 are as follows: 0-6months = $17.87/hr and $1.30/hr per diem. 7-12 months = $18.46/hr and $1.30/hr per diem. 1-2year = $22.34

Yes your right they are pretty bad. But as I've mentioned time and time again, rates are not the only thing in a contract. And you folks that have to live under Mesa's new one are gonna feel that.

You said, "Maybe CCair could have competed with your crap pay and we would still be flying."

I think you and I both know that this statement is completely false and I'll leave it at that. But I will say that having to compete with yet another contract carrier in my back yard is the last thing I or any other WO pilot wants. I've said it before and I'll try and be nice about it this time, The WO's do not want ANY contract carriers on our property and we will do what is neccesary to get rid of them. Though the demise of CC Air had nothing to do with our rates, it did bring a smile to my face, as I looked at them as one less contractor to deal with. Sorry, but thats how I feel.

Now because some people only see what they want to see I'll try and explain my previous posts a little better.

I was trying to convay that because Mesa got bullied into a bad contract the people that will go there now are telling mgt. that after all the garbage JO has put those people through, its OK as long as they have a job. Thats the message that new hires will send to mgt. The other part is that all of a companys flying needs to be under one roof, and I'm not talking about the many parts of Mesa, I'm talking about the many parts of Majors. The outsourcing of a major airlines flying needs to be stop and if I only get through to one pilot and not have him/her go to a contract carrier then I've done my job.

Now I came down on this person after he(anais) replied like a two year old, not because he wanted to go to Mesa. So I searched through the things that he posted in the past and found a lot of flame bait so decided to leave it alone.

And for crying out loud Bean please understand that I'm not against you personally, ITS THE COMPANYS.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back