• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa furlough question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard from people there that it's around Jan 08 but people from summer/fall of 07 have already gotten letters for Feb and March 10.

Mine is for May. There are guys in my initial class you havent gotten one. Im guessing 1000 is the lucky number. And im just 27 shy

I don’t know about the furloughs but the most junior Captain slot went to the most senior pilot of the August 30th 2004 class. He will be on the ERJ in CVG. The Dash-8 in PHX went senior to ERJ. No surprise since PHX is our most senior domicile. The class date for him is in May. That translates into around 6 years to hold Captain by the time he will finish training. Every first officer on property will have at least had an opportunity to have been Captain.

When the ERJs go at the end of the Delta contract (2 years) we will have the U.S. Airways contract looming on the horizon. Air Wisconsin and Republic loaned the money in the merger and we didn’t. They now have controlling interest in U.S. Airways. I think that those two companies will divide up our flying for U.S. Airways in 2013. Long term outlook is bleak in my humble opinion.

That’s my 1 cent worth because I can’t afford 2 cents worth because I work at Mesa.

Hope that this is part of what you were looking for.

Latest resources

Back