• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa eyeing 737-300s ?!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard through the grapevine that this will happen (14 or so of them) to begin service in July either in PHL or JFK, just a matter of time..

3 5 0

Caption here reads MESA ..

Announced it is considering leasing Boeing 737-300s. The aircraft would more than likely be used to operate low cost flights on East Coast routes.

this is a copy from www.justplanes.com as printed today Tuesday March 2nd 2004.

Apparently Mesa has been looking at doing this for "a while". Summer start is the last I heard.

Juan

The whole idea of having 737's on with mesa is crazy, They can't hardly manage the type of aircraft they have already.....What a joke

Just another torpedo in the sinking hull of this profession. Hey guys, I bet that Turbine PIC in a 737 is some of the best time you can get in your quest to move on the majors! At this rate Wall St. types will come down hard on SWA for having 'overpaid' pilots.

What will be Mesa pilots' excuse now if they fly these planes below SWA, Alaska, Aloha and UAL's rates?

They have their "industry-leading" scope...

Perhaps, "building time in a 737!!!"

As a Mesa pilot, I have to tell you, its not a rumor they're coming.

My fear is the same as all yours, that our mec will negotiate a rate that blows and lowers the standard even more.

But even worse, I'll bet if we won't play JO will find some outta work aviators with plenty of 737 time who will undercut even our F'd pay scale.

I weep for the future.....

I have no doubt that JO can get the planes if he wants to, but I have no faith in the current Union leadership to take a stand on the wage issue. With our current crappy work rules, I would like to see the union stand on nothing less that SWA +15%.

Mesa pilots will take it to a new industry leading low. Any mesa guy that says they are fearful of the future, shouldn't be, they are the main pilot group destroying the future of the airline pilot. Besides they can barely land a freaking RJ, what makes you think they will be able to land a 737? Keep using that excuse that if we don't do it somebody else will..If it makes you sleep better at night. The Mesa MEC and pilot group needs to reach down and grab a pair and stop the downhill trend.

Latest resources

Back