Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Av8ter

Hi you guys,

just when I all but gave up on this profession, I get a call from Mesa for an October interview.

Apparently they are going to be hiring alot and will be conducting interviews in October.

HMMMMM just now starting to make alot of $$$ as a mortgage broker..what to do????

Av8ter

Av8ter,

First off, Congrats!!! Great news!!!! How long ago did you send in your application, did you have your resume walked in? I sent in the application with the $50.00 about 6 months ago but have heard nothing.

Av8ter said:
Hi you guys,

just when I all but gave up on this profession, I get a call from Mesa for an October interview.

Apparently they are going to be hiring alot and will be conducting interviews in October.

HMMMMM just now starting to make alot of $$$ as a mortgage broker..what to do????

Av8ter

Make 1,200 a month at mesa, or lots as a broker.
You have to "think" about this?
duh......

Av8ter,

that's great that you got called...if you don't mind...

1. did you have someone w/in the company walk your stuff in?

2. do you have any turbine time?

once again, congrats....just wondering what it takes to get a call from them.

I know it sounds like a no brainer, but I've never flown a jet before and I would like to experience it at least once in my life.

Mortgaging, I can still do in my off time.

Anyways, still pondering....

Av8ter

i have a friend who is tonning it as a mortgage broker...he belongs to the local country club.....GOOD GOSH MAN!.....

it ain't that great, i'm looking for a decent job, maybe as a broker

buy yourself an airplane and hey, at least you got the call....

Of course i can't speak for you, but here is some ol sage advice i got two years from a guy who flew for transstates and prior to that he was Eddie money's lead guitarist.

" every time someone gets around an airplane, they act as though they have taken a dumb pill."

I was a mortgage broker for five years....rates are low, life is great, you're in the gravy days....

then rates go up, your wife b!tches cause now your in the salad days...

I walked away four years ago and have never been happier. Even at Mesa.

when you walk away from the plane your job is OVER....no pager, no boss, no hassle on your time.

If you want to do it part time, that's another thing altogether.

BTW, have any other Mesa guys seen that last standing bid? WOW.

First off, congrats on the call. In this industry getting that interview is HUGE! And I do think with Mesa right now, you're hired unless you screw it up (resume stack is so big at every airline now, if they call, they think you'll make it through, or they would've called another of the 5000 resumes).

Av8ter said:

Now, the question is simple: what do you love more, aviation, or the $. lifestyle of being a broker? Clearly, if the $/lifestyle was the same, you'd choose aviation (if it's not, then you're alone on this board). It's not, particularly in the first couple years at a regional. So, if you answer that question, you have your answer.

For me, I've always wanted to be a pilot. Go to an FBO, you'll hear most of the guys there would love to fly for an airline. Don't know if you can go to a college and hear the same things about being a broker (maybe you can!). It's a lifelong dream for me. What is it to you?

Good luck, and, no matter what decision you make, don't look back.

Latest resources

Back