• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa #1 - Official evidence

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here is a little problem with your post. Mesa was NOT the last operator in PHL for Airways.

Why don't we all just forget about the facts and just makeup whatever fantasy we want to create about Mesa. I am just one pilot and I am not very senior, and i see a very well run company at least on the operations side.

Please give us a break and quit the bashing.

Dude!!

You live in a toilet and are mad that everyone thinks you smell like poop??

What gives?

Ok!!

Maybe the poop doesn't have as much corn in it as it once did and maybe the janitor invested in one of those blue hockey pucks that go in the tank...

But it is still a toilet and you still smell like poop, blue poop maybe...but poop is still poop.

So get over it and just revel in your poopness.

Just go out there and be the best little turd you can be!!!

Originally Posted by rene
i see a very well run company at least on the operations side.

On behalf of all non-Mesa pilots, we are extremely sorry. We will not do it again.

We fully understand that you are so concerned that your company will cease operations fairly soon, and as a result are willing to fly for next-to-nothing, sugar coat the metrics, support your brand image, (even though you have been treated so badly), and make it appear that you are the top regional airline. This is a quite natural survival strategy. It really can be compared to Darwinian theory, as exhibited in the Pigeon population at Atlanta airport. The males are in fact starting to do their little dances, even in these frigid conditions, trying to show that they are the best, but remember, only the fittest will survive! We only let them stay in ATL because they do a great job cleaning the cabin, otherwise we would poison them. Like Mesa they just keep flying around no matter what.

Your mainline partners are however wise to your tricks. It is likely that your company will survive, but will be an industry outcast, and be operating in a much smaller way. Unfortunately you pooped in your nest, and now you have to sleep in it!

Here is a little problem with your post. Mesa was NOT the last operator in PHL for Airways.

Why don't we all just forget about the facts and just makeup whatever fantasy we want to create about Mesa. I am just one pilot and I am not very senior, and i see a very well run company at least on the operations side.

Well, seeing as PDT and PSA are still there, as well as the occasional Chautquapublic flight, yet MESA left such a nice, lasting impression.

Could you please tell me what you are on so I can order some for when I retire, that is some really GOOD stuff!

Peace.

Rekks

Please trust me on this, NONE of these things are happening. Do you think for one second that if Delta thought we were cheating on any metric, particularly on metrics for which they pay incentives, that they wouldn't send an army of auditors to prove it and then run to court to get their money back?

Want to make a bet? Seen it FIRST hand on a REGULAR basis!!!

You are soooooo naive. Delta isn't going to send auditors out as the cost, plus legal fees would be more than what they could recover.

And for the record, the pilots are calling out on-time and in late not for the company's benefit but to squeeze every last nickel out of their trips. Lots of downgraded Captains that need the money and I don't blame them one bit. Shame they choose to go to a scumbag operation like Mesa.

Last edited:
Maybe you need a more recent observation? My point is that Mesa has changed for the better and changed dramatically fro the better within the last year.

You understand that "last year" includes flights two months ago, right?

Johnny, don't you have an airline to continue running aground?

Please trust me on this, NONE of these things are happening. Do you think for one second that if Delta thought we were cheating on any metric, particularly on metrics for which they pay incentives, that they wouldn't send an army of auditors to prove it and then run to court to get their money back?

Your accusations are off the mark and fall into the catageory of pure fantasy. The frequent flyer surveys are filled out on line after the frequent flyer signs into their account with a secure password.

I don't recall seeing incentives as part of the terms of the agreement, only penalties if certain metrics are not being met.

Delta would just never accept an on time arrival if we were late.

I literally just fell out of my chair laughing...with no ACARS to send an out time how exactly is mother Delta going to prove anything other than what is in the logbook? Plus having flown for a DAL regional a while back I watched and listened to it happening on a daily basis. So yes these things are happening.

I am a frequent DAL flier and I am SkyMile member and I don't recall seeing anything about a survey for a recent flight...I do remember seeing those dumb freaking forms to fill out.

I think you guys are looking at the Freedom/Delta relationship all wrong.

Don't argue about on-time metrics or customer satisfaction statistics: it never mattered. Freedom was there to diversify away from Comair and the "old" ASA -- to drive a wedge in negotiations and scatter their ops so that another 2000-style strike could never happen again.

After all, who was in MCO before Freedom took over?
And now in CVG?

So why argue about who was/is/could be/should have been #1 on time in the Delta system. Management has waved the "mission accomplished" banner and is moving on.

Latest resources

Back