MedStar?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sleddriver71

Does anyone here work for or know anyone who works as an EMS pilot for MedStar based in Spokane, WA? I currently work for an air ambulance company based in Arizona. I am trying to find out information on MedStar. For anyone reading the lifeflight threads and wondering about pay and schedule, my job has a starting salary of about 50,000 plus perdiem and mileage to the base. It works out to be about 60,000 a year minimum with workovers giving you time and a half. Depending on the base, we either work 7 on and 7 off or 8 on and 8 off. A normal shift is 12 hours. If you work over 12 (maximum of 14), you get paid for those hours on top of your normal salary. The rate comes out to be about $35/hr. I've flown about 150 hours since January in the King Air E90 and Pilatus PC-12, which they keep me current in both. Anyway, back to my original question about MedStar, if anyone has any information on them, I would much appreciate it.

Hey sled, thanks for the EMS info. I can't help you with your question, but since you were so generous with your schedule, can you tell me how many pilots per plane you guys have? I am trying to devise a schedule for three pilots to one plane and am wondering how others work it. Thanks!

dhc8fo,

I don't work where he works, but at our EMS op (C90s) we normally have 3 pilots/base and airplane. It works out to 2 weeks on days (12hr shifts), 1 week off, 2 weeks nights, 1 week off, 1 week days, etc etc. We rotate days/nights after we come back from our off-week. Hope that helped.

Hey Caravan man, thanks alot. That helps a ton! Being an airline/corporate turd myself, is that a good schedule? Any complaints about the quality of life with a sked like that?

dhc8fo, we have 4 pilots per plane, so we work the same amount that we're home. With 3 pilots, as CaravanMan said, you would have to work twice as long every other shift since there is only going to be one pilot to take over. I wouldn't mind working more days a year if I got to go home every day but I commute so I only get to go home once a week, for a week. That is the main reason for wanting to relocate jobs.

Latest resources

Back