Medical duration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

This is not correct.

With the changes associated with the new pilot regs last August, the 6 month requirement was in there. Literally about 5 days before the reg went into effect, it was amended back to the previous requirement of every 12 months.

I know as I went and got my 6 month last July and literally two weeks later the rule was changed back for 121 ops.

So for an FO over 40, every 12 months is sufficient; over 60 and FO, every 6 months. UNLESS your ops specs require otherwise.

This is not correct.

With the changes associated with the new pilot regs last August, the 6 month requirement was in there. Literally about 5 days before the reg went into effect, it was amended back to the previous requirement of every 12 months.

I know as I went and got my 6 month last July and literally two weeks later the rule was changed back for 121 ops.

So for an FO over 40, every 12 months is sufficient; over 60 and FO, every 6 months. UNLESS your ops specs require otherwise.

Thanks for clearing that up. So if I turn 40 in sep14 and am flying as 121 CA I need to got every 6, right?

Or I guess I could not be lazy and just look it up in the FOM.

Last edited:
Looking at my companies FOM it reads that FOs over 40 but under 60 (not flying with an augmented crew) only have to go once per year.

Thanks for clearing that up. So if I turn 40 in sep14 and am flying as 121 CA I need to got every 6, right?

Or I guess I could not be lazy and just look it up in the FOM.
If you get your 1st class prior to your birthday it will be good for year

Latest resources

Back