Medical Application Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mocaman

I have a question with regards to a Item 19 on the FAA medical application. It is the question that asks "have you been to a health professional in the past 3 years"? Do I have to put down EVERY single time I have visited the doctor in the last 3 years? I go to the doctor for colds, allergies, upset stomach, and various other things that are "common". I have never been givin any disqualifiying drugs. I work in a factory with alot of heavy equipment, and if I am not feeling 100%, I do not go to work. My work requires that if you miss a day, that you must come back with a doctors note. So I have probably been to the doctor around 40 times in the past 3 years. What would some of you guys suggest? Should I list all 40 times? Thanks so much for the help!

40 times seems like a lot. Don't you get sick or personal days. Seems childish they want a note for each absence unless you've got some underlying disorder or chronic illness. Just list 3 of the most recent and you'll be fine. Things like cold, stomach ache, etc. He's just looking to see if ther are any disqualifying things that you might have seen your regular doctor about. I wouldnt volunteer to the AME that you've gone 40 times. He'll start to probe and think twice about signing the medical.

AME's can screw you royally. Trust them like the FAA.

AME's can screw you royally. Trust them like the FAA.

AAAAF'nmen! Preach it, brah. I had an idiot almost F me up for good over something so insignificant the Regional Surgeon even laughed at him.

Latest resources

Back