• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Making the jump to corporate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There used to be someone that was on FI that would do resumes for you. I think her name was Kathy or something close. Her company was called the Write Resume or something like that. Her name on here was Resume Writer she might be able to help, but I haven't seen her post anything in a while.

She's still around. Just not on this message board...

Kathy's the real deal when it comes to interview prep:
Nationally Certified Resume Writer
Certified Professional Resume Writer
Certified Employment Interview Consultant
Credentialed Career Master

She's still around. Just not on this message board...

Kathy's the real deal when it comes to interview prep:
Nationally Certified Resume Writer
Certified Professional Resume Writer
Certified Employment Interview Consultant
Credentialed Career Master

GASP! I walked into this place called Barnes and Noble and found a lot of books on resume writing!

Holy Schnikes!

Pssssssssssssst. and its free too to sit there and read up on all this resume stuff.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh how exciting!

GASP! I walked into this place called Barnes and Noble and found a lot of books on resume writing!

Holy Schnikes!

Pssssssssssssst. and its free too to sit there and read up on all this resume stuff.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh how exciting!

There is no need to spend a fortune having a resume done for a pilot position...and I'd be careful getting generic resume formats from a book...format is only a small part of it - you want to stand out to your target audience. A book cant help you do that in our business.

However, I see a LOT of resumes - and by far and wide the most confusing and unprofessional resumes come from airline guys looking to make a career change to corporate.

Places like FlightInfo, etc provide great networking - but dont just assume your resume looks good enough to send to top employers...most get tossed pretty fast as they dont even come close to matching the ideal candidate - and its mostly in the wording.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
It's mostly about who walks in your resume...

That can often get you in the door....but dont count on it for the job! - not in the least.

work on the whole package - networking (FI.com is a great resource) interview skills....and a great resume.

You would be surprised how ill prepared many are.

Are you the same guy from propilotworld? Seems like Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde.

Latest resources

Back