• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Major intentions for regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cool....I'll go back, it was fun. Especially w/ the opposite sex, of which you know nothing of you putz! :)

So, what was his name? Have fun, lady! :0

Bye Bye---General Lee

Majors have bigger fish to fry than to worry about taking on the less than 100 seat market..If anything, I would be willing to bet you see regionals continuing to fill this niche...

Well look, Mercy ACTUALLY tries to contribute with an opinion. The regionals will fill the niche if they can find enough crews after the Captains get hired away and if they can bring newhires in to replace outgoing crews. It will be very expensive for the Regionals, each outgoing Capt will necessitates an upgrade to replace him/her, and a newhire to replace the FO who is upgrading. There will be 15,000 openings to higher paying and better benefit (including retirement fund) jobs.

Will the legacies bring the regionals into the fold? Only if it is cheaper and the mainline pilots allow it. The contract says otherwise and so far the mainline managements prefer the whipsaw for lower costs.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The President of Delta stated the plan was to eliminate single class cabins at the SLC hub within the next couple years, meaning fewer 50 seaters.

Under contract, which says nothing of at-risk. According to Delta, the E-120 doesn't exist, either.

Btw, DL deals with UA all over the World, and they add service where they think they can make money and take market share. I think they can figure it out...

Which says to me that you have no idea what I meant by what I said.

Under contract, which says nothing of at-risk. According to Delta, the E-120 doesn't exist, either.

Which says to me that you have no idea what I meant by what I said.

Your props to SUN are around because currently they are the largest plane you have that can fly in there. Your "at risk" flying is just that, and DL obviously didn't have faith in some of that, or it wouldn't be "at risk." Fingers crossed!

The interesting thing with UAL is that they too are discovering the same thing RA has figured out, and Doug Parker too, and that is 50 seaters are too expensive. (Look at CLE for example). Hopefully you don't have too many.... Wait, wait, never mind.....

As far as dealing with UA, most SKW pilots I talk to like the DL flying compared to the UA side. It's a better run operation at the hubs supposedly.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
. And, rumors abound that some 717s may find their way West, with the first two flights recently announced to LAX from AUS. More will likely follow, and that should help move planes back to SLC.
Bye Bye---General Lee

Deltahhh has Boeing 717s? When did that happen? C'mon Jenny, you usually let us know things like this, you know, Deltahhh getting 787s, 777s, but man, you must have dropped the ball on the 717s. Who knew? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Was it a Deltahhh Connection bird, or the big boy airline bird? I know Jenny says Deltahhh has 717s but most of her crap, well, is crap, or copied & pasted many many times. But, 717s at Deltahhh, wow, that would be huge. ;)

Latest resources

Back