• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Major Airline Furloughs.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Re: Just get over it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pilotbob3 said:
...the TWA certificate is still alive and kicking everyday in the system...

I'm assuming you're talking about an air carrier's certificate.

If so - EAL's certificate is also "alive & well" after 12 years of non-ops. No dog in this fight, but I thought I'd point out that having an airline's certificate valid with no airplanes to fly doesn't mean anything. Good Luck.

SuperDav
you are a jacka$$

You got a lot more than tude to worry about from us.
Watch your back!

---eagerly awaiting your demise---

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Just get over it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crosscut said:
I'm assuming you're talking about an air carrier's certificate.

If so - EAL's certificate is also "alive & well" after 12 years of non-ops. No dog in this fight, but I thought I'd point out that having an airline's certificate valid with no airplanes to fly doesn't mean anything. Good Luck.

yes i am talking about the TWA certificate....it is active and airplanes and pilots and f/a's are working under it. the merge of TWA into AA is not over yet.

I hate to say it...

I hate to say it, but you guys really need to start a different thread.

I know there are some ticked off guys with the merger and furloughs, but when I and others click on the thread expecting to read about furloughs, all we are seeing is American guys badgering each other.

Start a new thread and bash away.

Goose17

"Anyways, this subject isn't as funny to me due to the fact that a lot of my friends are out on the street, ... " - General Lee

I really don't believe anyone thinks it's funny. I'm sure everyone knows someone on furlough. It's certainly not a distinction that only you can claim. Heck, you can't throw a rock without hitting a furloughed pilot these days. We've all got buddys out there trying to find a paycheck, and we ALL care. Unfortunately, it's going to be a while for the dust to settle. Good luck to us all. :)

repost on rehired numbers

Interesting question from Blzr:

"How many of those furloughed now have gainful employment at another airline or fractional? Good luck to all that are on furlough."

O2

While we all have friends out on the street I wonder if you all know some realistic recall times for those at NWA, DAL, CAL, UAL, USA etc. Please no kool-aid and cookie answers of MGT said this or that. We all know they realy care. What are the MEC's thinking, how many years for all to return and new faces to surface in indoc?

UAL has said they wouldn't furlough a pilot for less than a year. As of July 1st, they'll have 1555 on the street with a best guess of another 400-500 by the time the blood letting ends.

With a final number of around 2050, and the max retrain capability at TK of 75/month, that equates to around 27 months for the last furloughee (me?!) to return to the company after the start of recalls.

So, with all the business analysts predicting an '05 return to profitability (and subsequent spring recall), the new faces on any property may not be seen until the fall of 2007 at the earliest.

A shocking realization as I sit here and type...

Latest resources

Back