• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LXjet Mec lowers the bar.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They're used to it. Their current ILIW system (initial open time) is based on being by the computer at the right time.

Good point except the it will be seniority based and it will be a 7 day window as opposed to a 24 hour window.

Real time bid results? How is this possible with any degree of accuracy? As more people wait to bid, and as time closes in on the end of the bid cycle, it will become more eratic. Nothing predictible or accurate will result from this. The only thing that will happen with "real time bidding" is the bogging down of the system, with little to no influence being affected by the bidder, in the end.

By that logic there is no value to the 2 Prelim awards currently being generated before the PrefBid close... I think you can easily see the parallel I am creating between Prefbid prelims and realtime bid results of SmartPref.=)

At the least the Prelims will save you from making some huge bid error- such as getting naps by mistake when you were wanting 2 day trips, or an addition error when calculating how many credits you need to complete your line.

In the end you will get what you can hold in either system. In Smartpref you can watch it to the last second and tweak it, but the guys senior to you will still get what they can hold and thus so will you.

I equate Smartprefs realtime bid award to many Prefbid Prelims... Why is MORE information a bad thing...

Additionally I am not too worried about the system crashing... It is purely a function of having enough hardware to crunch the data. Ebay runs every day with millions of users making simultaneous requests against their servers. I think that us 4000 pilots will be easily managed. That will be the vendors problem. That said I am not an IT professional or programmer- otherwise I most likely would have stopped flying and chased the money!

Last edited:
I think both MECs see the potential for whipsaw here. The company is dangling a carrot of larger aircraft and the potential to make more money. This negotiation is a test by the company to see how willing the ERJ side is to play ball. The company knows that the ERJ side will most likely never settle for less than the current ASA CRJ rates. They are testing the waters to see how much MORE the ERJ side wants. The company knows that whatever is agreed on will ultimately be the going rate for that size aircraft in the future for XJET and SKYWEST....

The potential for whipsaw exists IF the ERJ side takes less than the CRJ rates undercutting ASA.. That would be a huge sellout by that MEC to their members and to the ASA side.. I just don't see it happening right now..

It will happen. They're trying to work a deal with management on the PBS issue. Mark my words, there will be a deal for 76-seat pay for less than what ASA does it for now. The L-XJet MEC is going to be the lowest bidder. You heard it here first

It will happen. They're trying to work a deal with management on the PBS issue. Mark my words, there will be a deal for 76-seat pay for less than what ASA does it for now. The L-XJet MEC is going to be the lowest bidder. You heard it here first

If you are correct then the entire MEC will be thrown out, and they know it. Not only that but what is the difference between ERJ rates and CRJ700 rates, $2 or $3? That's pathetic. You can be sure whatever rates we get will be imposed by arbitration.

A mutually beneficial working relationship between the ASA MEC, the XJT MEC, and the Company is essential. Our Transition and Process Agreement (TPA), as agreed to by the Company, ASA and XJT MECs, establishes terms for a smooth transition process to reach a single, unified Pilot group with a single contract. The Company and the XJT MEC met last week without the ASA MEC to obtain new equipment terms and conditions, including new equipment pay rates.
If management approaches either of the pilot groups to make significant changes to our current CBAs, we could soon find ourselves in a ‘race to the bottom’ scenario by negotiating with either MEC separately. Notable changes to one contract without the approval of the other MEC could result in consequences that would compromise reaching a JCBA. Without question, whipsawing is a common tactic used by airline managements – such tactics must be defended against by enforcing our Transition and Process Agreement. The ASA MEC supports the XJT MEC obtaining favorable terms and conditions for new equipment; however we feel it is important to follow the agreed-upon process to reach such agreement.
The*****ASA*****MEC has*****initiated the process to enforce the*****TPA provisions where applicable. The*****ASA*****MEC is hopeful that the*****XJT*****MEC will negotiate with one goal in mind, a unity of purpose, and close cooperation among both the*****ASA*****MEC and*****XJT*****MEC to ensure all pilot’s interests are represented.

Dear Moron,

The XJT MEC has a responsibility to the XJT Pilot group to enforce and engage the company in OUR CBA. Sorry you are left out, are you going to take your ball and go home now?

Nah. I cant see the ERJ guys settling.

They are not gonna take concessions. I am sure of that.

By that logic there is no value to the 2 Prelim awards currently being generated before the PrefBid close... I think you can easily see the parallel I am creating between Prefbid prelims and realtime bid results of SmartPref.=)

At the least the Prelims will save you from making some huge bid error- such as getting naps by mistake when you were wanting 2 day trips, or an addition error when calculating how many credits you need to complete your line.

In the end you will get what you can hold in either system. In Smartpref you can watch it to the last second and tweak it, but the guys senior to you will still get what they can hold and thus so will you.

I equate Smartprefs realtime bid award to many Prefbid Prelims... Why is MORE information a bad thing...

Additionally I am not too worried about the system crashing... It is purely a function of having enough hardware to crunch the data. Ebay runs every day with millions of users making simultaneous requests against their servers. I think that us 4000 pilots will be easily managed. That will be the vendors problem. That said I am not an IT professional or programmer- otherwise I most likely would have stopped flying and chased the money!

i(we) agree.. they are both pretty useless... but the point from the beginning is the LXJT guys were all excited about.. and were selling this a major feature.... all we have said from the beginning is that it is just about worthless and certainly nothing to switch entire PBS software or get excited about....all sizzle... no steak on this one... dont buy into the hype

and ebay is an IT company that requires its system to be state of the art or it turns away customers fast.... don't think for a second that any system we have will be run by more than shoe string... at best... You are comparing apples to snow boards

If you are talking PURELY about rates, I can see this happening. For one, IF the rates were to be the exact as yours, the total compensation would be much higher. Why? Because the company is not just paying you your rate times how many hours you credit. Our contract has higher 401k matching rates than yours and it also has a defined company contribution on top of that that your contract does not have at all. This is why our 50 seat compensation is just a percentage or two from your total 76 compensation. Second, its not even just rate plus matching plus contribution but also the better work rules in our contract that allows more soft time.

The rate is just a cost multiplier as far as management sees it. When you throw in the matching and the contribution to that multiplier their total cost of the contract becomes higher compared to the same rate, matching funds, and contract on the ASA side.

i(we) agree.. they are both pretty useless... but the point from the beginning is the LXJT guys were all excited about.. and were selling this a major feature.... all we have said from the beginning is that it is just about worthless and certainly nothing to switch entire PBS software or get excited about....all sizzle... no steak on this one... dont buy into the hype

and ebay is an IT company that requires its system to be state of the art or it turns away customers fast.... don't think for a second that any system we have will be run by more than shoe string... at best... You are comparing apples to snow boards

I must not have explained the ebay thing correctly if that's what you think. I wasn't comparing the company called ebay to crewing solutions. I was making a comment about the "ebay effect" of live bidding. Did I make myself clearer this time?

As for it being worthless, if you feel like knowing if you screwed up your bid, knowing what different strategies may look like at your seniority, or just plain being able to see if you can hold a certain day off at your seniority is worthless, then just ignore it. It'll be the equivalent to ignoring your two prelim awards. No harm no foul.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back