Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

2000flyer

EASY FLYER
JetDirect Aviation is a rapidly growing charter company 30 miles west of Philadelphia, offering country living with big city amenities a short drive away. JetDirect Aviation is currently accepting applications for a Learjet 60 First Officer looking for long term career employment.

Email your resume to [email protected] or fax 610-384-9001.

Please include your email address as qualified applicants will be sent an electronic application. The successful applicant will meet the following minimum qualifications:

Learjet 60:

Copilot: 3000 TT, type rated, 100 hours in type, 500 turbine.

Guys, I'm asking this out of curiosity and not to be antagonistic, but are there that many pilots running around with a pocket full of type ratings looking for F/O work? It seems that almost every F/O position I see advertised requires a type rating with time in type. Are these the requirements of the insurance carrier or is it just because they can find pilots with these qualifications? :confused:

X

Xdays, I have the same thoughts when I see these ads. This has been a much discussed topic over the last few years, i.e. shouldn't the employer pay for the type rating?

Another part of the formula is that aircraft requiring two pilots must have two type-rating pilots on board, not just the Captain, for flights outside of the U.S. This has been a requirement for years based on the ICAO SARPS (suggested regulations), but until 2005 the U.S. did not buy into this, so now a SIC type rating is available on an FAA airman's certificate.

Countries in Europe, specifically the UK, France, and Italy are enforcing this requirement that is included in their local regulations.

So, my point is that bizjets that make flights outside the U.S. then must be crewed with two type rated pilots, hence it seems IMHO that prospective employers are now requiring a type rating of FO's to be hired.

Why? to save a buck of course. The other side of the coin is that there are probably more type rated FO's around the country so there is a pool of type rated pilots to draw from.

C6, Thanks for the reply. I've been out of the GA picture for quite some time and the SIC type is a new addition since I flew corporate. What is the difference in requirements for an SIC type as opposed to a PIC type? Also, when these employers are asking for someone with type rating in the aircraft does it matter to them whether it is an SIC or PIC type? Also, I agree, if you can afford the aircraft, you can afford to train your pilots.

X

You're welcome. The FAR is 61.55(d), but the other sources are easier to read.

Latest resources

Back