• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flywithruss

Rocky Top!
Folks ...

Saw on the web site that Lowe's has two postings for pilots ... based at North Wilkesboro, NC (UKF).

Posted mins are ATP, 4000TT, 2000ME, 1000 Jet, 500 EFIS/FMS. Prior corporate experience, CE-500 type, Ultra or Cit. V experience desirable.

Go to lowes.com to apply ... scroll to bottom, click on "Careers", then search "Corporate Office" positions subcategory "Aviation" to find the postings ... there are two that are identical.

I don't work there or know anything more than what's in the ad, so I can't help if you PM me. I saw this, and I don't have the mins -- but I know a lot of folks are out of work, so I really hope this helps somebody out.

Good luck, y'all ...

R

A former CFI that I had in college works for that outfit...the last in knew. He's been there for a long time. If someone needs a name, I'll sniff around for them and get them a contact.

I'm originally from N. Wilkesboro and was based at UKF until a couple of months ago. Some rumor that the flight department might be moving down toward the Charlotte area, but don't know for sure. The corporate HQ is moving to Mooresville.

Lowe's runs a bunch of Citations and several Falcons. Great environment if you like to fly. A friend of mine used to fly for them and said it was a great operation, but there is so little turnover that he said he'd be SIC for his entire career.

nascarpilot said:
A friend of mine used to fly for them and said it was a great operation, but there is so little turnover that he said he'd be SIC for his entire career.

You know, that says a lot about an operation, low turn-over I mean.

I knew of a company (no name dropping) that operated BE200's and Hawkers (later Falcons). You could reasonably expect to be a B200 FO for 5-8 years before upgrading to CA. 12-14 years to make it as an FO in the Hawker, 18-20 to make jet CA.

Mind you, I understand climbing the ladder of progression, however, what a waste (IMHO) of talent. I would think most corporate operations would strive to get their pilot's captain qualified within a reasonable amount of time.

I've heard of folks enjoying life as a lifer FO, but most of them are on B747 or the likes. I've never heard of a guy remaining happy and content sitting right seat in a King Air for 5-8 years, unless they were hired at a very low total time.

But I digress. I've talked to some Lowe's crews on the road and they do seem to be a happy group of pilots flying great equipment. I'm sure anyone hired will enjoy this great job!

Regards,
2000Flyer

I think it depends on where you are in your career and the overall state of the ecomony.

As for now, I would ride the potty seat if the pay and perks were right.

Latest resources

Back