Looking to charter, need advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DieselDragRacer

My dad has tasked me with putting my grandparents on a light jet out of Bradenton/Sarasota to McCollum Field (ideally). Since this is new to me, are there any gotchas I need to be aware of when dealing with/booking with these charter operators? I realize charter operators are all over the map when it comes to integrity and honesty.

I'm open for your charter op recommendations out of that part of FL as well.

This will be a 3-4 day weekend trip and it will be a R/T.

Thanks in advance.

Charter???????

Hey Diesel dude,you might try aircharterguide.com and go to operators state by state,they list all of them,types of aircraft,etc,etc!!!!!
I would advise to NOT use an outfit called USA Jetshares out of SRQ,have heard unsavory things about them,although,they may NOT be in business any longer!!!!!:D:cool::beer:

Avoid brokers. They just mark up the same companies you can talk to directly. If its a 3 day RON, you might at least check into it, as they won't charge for DH if the crew and plane goes home.

For a RON, you are gonna get charged for Crew expenses, plus a minimum fee per day for the plane. It ain't cheap. You might even do better going with a broker there.

My best advice is make a lot of calls and compare. Start with whatever is on the field there at SRQ. anything else you'll be paying for DH unless you go through a broker, but the broker is WAY more per leg. 99% of the time it's more expensive, but it never hurts to check.

Just be ready to spend some major $$$. Chartering a jet aint cheap at all.

Thanks for all the advice Capn.

I've been doing some local operator research in and around SRQ but it hasn't been a priority as of late since the flight is now going to be in September vs July. I know this is going to be expensive but like dad said, this will be the last time they visit the family in ATL, so he's willing drop the coin.

Last edited:
Hey Diesel dude,you might try aircharterguide.com and go to operators state by state,they list all of them,types of aircraft,etc,etc!!!!!
I would advise to NOT use an outfit called USA Jetshares out of SRQ,have heard unsavory things about them,although,they may NOT be in business any longer!!!!!:D:cool::beer:

Hey G-force dude,ya BIG TURKEY,let me guess,you worked for USA Jetshares???? :angryfire:angryfire:smash::rolleyes::laugh:

Thanks for all the advice Capn.

I've been doing some local operator research in and around SRQ but it hasn't been a priority as of late since the flight is now going to be in September vs July. I know this is going to be expensive but like dad said, this will be the last time they visit the family in ATL, so he's willing drop the coin.

No worries bro. Best of luck!

Hey G-force dude,ya BIG TURKEY,let me guess,you worked for USA Jetshares???? :angryfire:angryfire:smash::rolleyes::laugh:

Here is DDR's last post.

Anybody know him personally? I hope he's alright.

Latest resources

Back