• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DesertFalcon

Member since 1999
Hi... Fellow Aviators;

I am a long-time resident of Las Vegas. I am looking for employment with a Corporate flight department based in Las Vegas.

Does anyone know of a job coming up, or available now.

If so, please PM me.
You help is greatly appreciated.

Hi, Freight;

Thank you for letting me know about the MGM/Mirage; I have seen those ads for sometime now.

I am getting very discouraged with my job search.
One minute, there is hope, the next minute everything falls apart. I am exhausted. I am sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I'm still looking but it looks like I might have to work outside of aviation to make a living. :-(

DesertFalcon

==========================

MGM Mirage was looking for pilots as recent as a couple of weeks ago. Who knows?

Hang in there buddy... It'll work out. Keep looking.

Did you look at Venetian? They may have some openings too.

Just curious... why limit yourself to LAS? Did you try Allegiant? Granted, they're 121... but you're local.

Good luck bud! I'll post if I hear of any gigs out there.

Flash....

Thank you for the encoragement, it helps...

My family doesn't really understand how difficult it is being a pilot. You know what's involved, so your encoragement does help.

Concerning Las Vegas jobs, I am 51 years old and don't have much time left, in 121 ops; this is the primary reason I don't pursue the 121 stuff.

Basically, I am committed to the Corporate world, however, I am doing it, the hard way.

I am trying to stay in Las Vegas and not move somewhere else. I guess I am to blame for my difficult situation.

Your suggestion about the Venetian is good: Unfortunately, their flight department requirements are even beyond my experience.

Thanks for your help... I appreciate your offer to let me know about jobs.

I hope you are happy in your career?

Have a good one.

Last edited:
Your suggestion about the Venetian is good: Unfortunately, their flight department requirements are even beyond my experience.
Are you sure about that? I have a coworker that knew a guy that got hired with very low time. Most all the guys on the Atlantic ramp know of him.

I'll see if I can dig up some info for you, as we frequent LAS. I know of a 135 Lear outfit that is desperate for qualified pilots. Good luck to you..

Southern Nevada Jet Charter

I know very little about these guys, but it may be worth a shot.
(702)795-2503
Good Luck

Rick;

Did the guy that got hired know someone?
A lot of Las Vegas aviation is not what you know, but who you know?

Just wondering?

Thank you for replying to my query. When you hear about the Lear job, I'll send them my resume.

Fly Safe,
DesertFalcon

Are you sure about that? I have a coworker that knew a guy that got hired with very low time. Most all the guys on the Atlantic ramp know of him.

I'll see if I can dig up some info for you, as we frequent LAS. I know of a 135 Lear outfit that is desperate for qualified pilots. Good luck to you..

Last edited:
CW....

Thank you for the phone number to this company.
I will call them to find out more.

Your help is appreciated.

Have a good one.
DesertFalcon

I know very little about these guys, but it may be worth a shot.
(702)795-2503
Good Luck

Falcon,

Vegas is almost totally about who you know. If you've been in town for a while, you should be aware. Dust off the walkin' shoes and start knocking on some doors. I know its 107 today but stop by Quail and see who's hangar door is up. You have to network to get anywhere. Even after you have the next job, you gotta keep making new connections. You never know when you might need them. As for MGM and Venetian, start with their web sites and follow up with a personal visit.

I was a Canyon dog too (judging by your aircraft, you've most likely flown for Scenic and Air Vegas). It is possible to make the jump.

Latest resources

Back