Looking for Kalitta updates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sandstorm

I was just wondering if some of you K4 guys could share some updated info as to what is going on over there. Any news on when the next new hire ground school may be? New airplanes? Growth? How is business going? Etc? Thanks.

It seems to be a mixed bag right now over here. The 400 fleet is flying non-stop with many of the pilots regulary busting guarantee hours. The classic fleet is busy doing middle east flying but also a lot of them are also up for regular maintenance (lots of cycles in the middle east). That said it would appear that 200's are more than staffed right now.

Company is activly looking for more 400's although they seem hard to find and those that are out there are asking inflated money. Last GS company types said they want / need at least 10+ 400's by early next year (7 now), now whether the park a 200 one for one was not clear. Did also say that there may be a class or two before years out, but it depends on continued demand. I guess the indicator as usual will be starting September when things generally pick up for the "Christmas rush", and whether more 400's appear.

I was just wondering if some of you K4 guys could share some updated info as to what is going on over there. Any news on when the next new hire ground school may be? New airplanes? Growth? How is business going? Etc? Thanks.

getting a little antsy to fly overseas after your vacation? ;)

Thanks for the update VM.

PP you hit the nail on the head. Plus I'm getting tired of ELM and ITH layovers. :D

Sandstorm,

Be careful what you wish for. Back in the day I did a lot of ITH and ELM. It looks pretty good right now as I sit in Delhi for 48 hours! But I know where you are coming from. Good luck with your job search.

Sandstorm,

Be careful what you wish for. Back in the day I did a lot of ITH and ELM. It looks pretty good right now as I sit in Delhi for 48 hours! But I know where you are coming from. Good luck with your job search.

I'd take ITH and ELM over DEL anyday of the week!! :D

You guys are nuts! I've been to DEL before and done alot of the sightseeing around there. I'd take 48 hours over there any day.

I understand what you guys are saying. I know there are probably some of your international overnights that aren't so nice and that there are some that I would get sick of too eventually, but I am still ready for a change of pace and scenery. 6-7 legs, 13+ hour duty days, and the same podunk overnights are getting old.:(

Latest resources

Back