Looking for Garmin 430 equipped Seminole near Ft. Campbell, KY

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Berkut

Thinking of going to ATP for my II and MEI, but I'm very rusty. Looking for a Seminole to rent, or maybe even a sim, but I'm not having much luck.

Do you know if BWG has a sim, too?

BWG has a sim, yeah, you could do flows in it and basic stuff. You can go sit in the plane not powered up and do flows too. I don't know if they have a 430 in the sim there, I highly doubt it, but the 430 downloadable sim is available on the garmin's website. The office inside the FBO there at BWG is really nice too. I have no idea how the instructor(s) are there though.

If you can, try and go to one of their bigger training locations, Dallas, Vegas, Phoenix, JACKSONville. Get a bigger bang for your buck at the busier locations.

Also, like anything in aviation, weather, aircraft availability, and instructor schedules dictate how quick you'll get anything done. ATP is usually pretty good about it, BWG has two Seminoles on the ramp at all times, I believe.

Long walk between the FBO and where they park the seminoles. I hate to sound like an ATP Kool-aid drinker, so make sure you research all your options.

GOod luck.

Ah, thanks, I'll look into it.

Still open to other Seminole suggestions too, if anyone has any.

Closest Seminole to Ft. Campbell I know of is in Indianapolis (MQJ) or Terre Haute...

If you have access to Military Aero clubs try Scott AFB. I believe it would about a 2.5 hour drive for you. Best I can remember it was a nice airplane.

That school looks interesting. Know anything about them?

Latest resources

Back