Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

passion4flying

Hello,

looking for a good school to train full time until I get my commercial add-on. Looking at cost, equipment, time to train and good instructors. Thank you in advance.

Well, I can see this has gotten out of hand. Someone needs a time out. So go Justhelicopters.com. and when you learn how to play nice come back.:)

Helicopter info

Passion-

I don't know how much research you've done already, and I haven't been to a civilian helo flight school. With that being said...you may find some information you're looking for at the following sites:

www.justhelicopters.com

www.verticalreference.com

http://aptap.forumco.com

I'm not sure why the last link doesn't work, but it will if you type it into the address bar. Let me know if you have any other questions...I'll help you if I can-
Kuma

I have been through the justhelicopters.com website and got some help. I have talked to quite a few different schools. I seem to keep coming back to a school in Ardmore, OK, Tomlinson in Florida and Vortex in MS. Anybody have any thoughts on these. I will look through verticalreference.com today. I sure appreciate the people who provided construtive help. Can anybody tell me about the industry. How is employment, pay, QOL, or anything you think of. Thanks

Passion

Although I love flying helicopters and with over 6000 hours flying them I came to the realization that there is just no money to be made in that part of the industry. I do like the variety of helicopter operations but instead of trying to find a Motel 6 to spend the night I now worry about Marriott points.:)

It is also easier to find a fixed-wing job with more helicopter time than fixed wing time, but it is extremely hard to find a rotary wing job with a lot of fixed-wing time and a little helicopter time.
If you have deep pockets go for the rating but be ready to keep your fixed-wing job to pay the bills. Good Luck.

TundraT said:
It is also easier to find a fixed-wing job with more helicopter time than fixed wing time, but it is extremely hard to find a rotary wing job with a lot of fixed-wing time and a little helicopter time.

...hmmm, yeah, get the picture?

Latest resources

Back