Longest Terminal Walk

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RUhiring?

After 3 weeks of commuting through MSP on NW, I have come to the conclusion that it has the longest distance between it's two farthest apart gates (of the same alrline) that I have ever seen.

According to one of the agents I spoke to, who had a map that showed distances and walk times, the trek from F16 to A14 is just over 1.5 miles. It supposedly should thake no more than 20 minutes (utilizing all 10 moving sidewalks). Keep in mind that there is no tram service either.

Does anyone know of a longer stretch between gates that are used by the same airline?

Last edited:
Will agree that the MSP trek is lengthy at times ... I went to California over the summer and my RDU-MSP flight was delayed by weather in NC. Turned my two hour layover in to 30 minutes and I had to beat feet to make my connection to SJC. The airport is nice, though.

I have to agree with the ATL comment ... used to catch a CO flight out of D concourse at 6AM, and invariably, the train was shut down for the night when I arrived at the airport. So, from the main terminal to D concourse I had to hoof it ... and the sidewalks were also shut down. Well over a mile walk.

The longest walk in any airport anywhere is when you only have ten minutes to make the last flight of the night home.

R

I've never walked MSP, but at ORD, the run to catch an American jumpseat after your United jumpseat attemp fails can be quite a hussle.

lionflyer said:
I've never walked MSP, but at ORD, the run to catch an American jumpseat after your United jumpseat attemp fails can be quite a hussle.

Yeah from the UAL's remote C Concourse to the far off L Concourse of AMR, that takes a long fr*cking time. Did that three times back and forth one day before I mercifully got on UAL. Working on behalf of CAL, I have gotten used to usually having the longest walk possible at a given airport to the gate. I would say at least 70 percent of the airports we fly out of have the gate at the furthest possible location from security.

St. Louis from the Trans States gates B-7 all the way to Southwest Airlines Gates. Thats a hike, and i think i changed zip codes somewhere along the way!

Here is another vote for MSP. If you go into any of the Airlink Gates and have to leave from F, you're F'ed if you have anything less than a hour between flights.

I hate that airport......

ORD is a close second......

I second the STL B gates to the east terminal, but i have to put a vote for PIT also. The E terminal to the end of the A concourse is a pretty good hike also.

Latest resources

Back