Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LJDRVR said:
Hey amateur boy,

How about you develop some skills commensurate with the aviators who perished at Groton. THEN you can come on here with your false and hasty generalizations.

Jarrod Katt was twice the pilot you'll ever be.

Condolences to the families of those two pilots killed. Anybody from on here?

Ohhhkay. Cool your jets guy.:rolleyes:

First off, I was acquiainted with the pilot and especially the copilot Ken Hutchinson for several years and had flown over 100 hours with him at AirEast. I knew him on a personal level AND attended the funeral.

Let's just say, I know quite a bit about him, his flying skills and his attitude.

Of course it's unfortunate, but maybe you need to read the report if you think what I'm saying is coming out of left field. They did some very unsafe things. Period. I care not to get into a debate about this. Someone posted a lear 35 crash at GON and I stated that one had crashed there a few years ago.

Oh and, you must be quite an individual to assess ones flying skills over an internet message board. LOL:laugh:

LJDRVR said:
Way more complicated than that. Tell you what, I'll write an article about it. Look for it sometime towards the end of June, middle of July.

You can make it as complicated as you want. In fact, write an article about it if you're so inclined, full of jargon to really complicate it. But what transpired, transpired. What gkrangers said is correct. The plane came in fast, missed the runway and they tried to swing it around at a very low altitude at a very high bank angle, close to 90 degrees with the flaps incorrectly set. This would not have been executed in such a manner were there passengers on board.

cabby said:
I'd like to hear your expert take. I flew the air plane with the same co-pilot two weeks before they crashed. I also personally talked wit some of the line guys in Groton who saw the accident. I also bet with my 6500 hours in lears and personal experience with the pilots and airplane involved my take well be alot more accurate than yours.

Amen.

cabby said:
I'd like to hear your expert take. I flew the air plane with the same co-pilot two weeks before they crashed. I also personally talked wit some of the line guys in Groton who saw the accident. I also bet with my 6500 hours in lears and personal experience with the pilots and airplane involved my take well be alot more accurate than yours.

I thought we passed 3rd grade. C'mon, we're all better than the "my story is more accurate than your story."

Gonna have to guess ILS 5 as the only other approaches are non-precision.....GPS/VOR rwy 5 and GPS/VOR 23

The plane crashed inbound to runway 5, in fact from what friends told me (I used to work at GON) it might have taken out a pylon or two on the MALSR. Groton has had a lot of fatal crashes in the last 3 years, almost all of which have been a bad mix of WX and pilot error.

Latest resources

Back