• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Logging King Air 200 time?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I tell my FOs to log it in a separate collum and to be ready to explain that they know that it is not legal time, and can't be used to apply for a certificate, rating or for currency. But, that they were acting as a crewmember and are keeping track of the time to show prospective employers they have experience in twin turbine aircraft. I also provide them with copies of the flight logs with their name in the FO collum, and my signature on the bottom.

This is in the 300, which requires a type rating, so it is a little more clear. However, I would do the same for 200 sic. As for PIC in the 200, log it. The fars don't mention flightsafety or insurance as far as I know. "Sole manipulator of the controls" is the key phrase here.

I know for sure the King Air 300/350 and the Beech 1900 type are different requireing seperate type rides. but a t one time they were considered the same, I think this was before the 1900D was introduced at taht point I beleive was wneh the FAA decided to break up the types.
This is correct. Unless you have the old type from before '91. Then you are grandfatered to fly all 4 aircraft. (300,350,1900, 1900D)

Kingairrick:

Got a question on the BE-300............. This is for Part 91 ops .......Since they (at least most) are Type Certificated as one pilot airplanes, how does one who sits in the right seat log SIC time, in an airplane that only requires one pilot, and for ops (Part 91) that only require one pilot?

On another note: If one takes a BE-300 Type Rating course at FlightSafety in the Sim (the wazoo whatever high level sim) and gets the BE-300 Type Rating all by oneself (i.e. "single pilot"), will the Type Rating read something like "BE-300" or will it say "BE-300 ok for single pilot"??? Or something like that?

QUOTE]Since they (at least most) are Type Certificated as one pilot airplanes, how does one who sits in the right seat log SIC time, in an airplane that only requires one pilot, and for ops (Part 91) that only require one pilot?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that is what the first paragraph of my above post is about. The point is, it is NOT legal flight time. However, I feel that it is valuable experience. This is my suggested way of dealing with the difference.

The type rating says "BE-300" A 350 is a B300 and covered under the same type rating. If an SIC is required, I believe the type rating says " BE-300, SIC Required." I don't know anyone who has this. At FSI, the whole thing can be done in the sim with no limitations, with the exception that if you don't have 500 hours Turbine PIC, you get the limitation "25 SOE" which means that you have to get 25 hours in the Aircraft before you are legal single pilot.

Hope that helps.

Latest resources

Back