Live where you want at NetJets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SCT,

Before you take Netjetwife to task (nutjetwife is soooo immature..) you might want to consider this.

I may not agree with everything she says, but what is crystal clear from her posts is that shes the wife of a Netjets pilot. As such she makes more sacrifices for her husbands career choice than you'll ever know.

As it ever occured to you boneheads that while you were growing up with the dream of flying, your spouses where probabily not growing up with the dream of being a single wife/mother more than half of her life? If the roles were reversed, could you do it?

So cut her some slack ...

You guys used to be aviators, now we can't discuss anything without invoking The 1108. Sad.

Those friendly words of general advice that can apply to any profession--mind you--have been said previously by pilots and will be again, I've no doubt. I'm sorry that you missed out on the excellent articles (very well received, I'll add) one of the NJ pilots posted on the 1108 board-- all about how to increase one's tips. Said pilot was very surprised to hear that I had been vilified for passing on tipping etiquette information in an attempt to be helpful. Then again, he likewise, hadn't read your posts. I must note that from my perspective your loss far exceeds his.

Fair-minded readers will notice that I had confined my well-intended reminder to the subject of writing and speaking intelligently. (I had anticipated this "fallout" but felt the effort was worth it.) I leave it to them to judge my "transgression" with full confidence that they will consider the source of the complaint. I have a strict rule that I don't post about subjects which I lack sufficient knowledge to discuss. That means that I have never given technical flying advice to pilots. Sounding articulate/appearing professional is an entirely different subject; therefore, I'm standing by my post.
NJW

Thanks, Ozpilot! As an AF wife I didn't look into the future post-AF and envision being a single parent half the month. The ironic part is that I told my husband I wouldn't have dated him had he been a Navy pilot because they were gone too much...:rolleyes: Let me add my voice to yours in giving recognition and kudos to the families of civilian pilots. It is not an easy lifestyle.

Netjetswife - Just curious - why don't we see you over at the union message board? I for one would like your perspective on some of the discussions going on over there!

Sad to say, spouses aren't allowed to post in the crew room and the family section just isn't the same. I hardly expect pilots to leave a (virtual)discussion in one room to go into another and repeat the conversation. It just wouldn't work, would it? I do occasionally send PMs to those who start a thread to express an opinion. I have never been rebuffed and exchange PMs with some of the pilots that I "know" on a regular basis.

I have always maintained that the requirements should only be a vested interest backed by knowledge of the situation and the ability to defend your position. It goes without saying that a spouse should always remember his or her place....:p and not embarrass one's mate. My husband talks to other pilots regularly about my posts. If I could post in the NJ crew room I probably wouldn't post here as much. The ironic thing is that I follow along so closely that I have to remind myself to exercise discretion sometimes...;) The irony comes from those who doubt that I know what I'm talking about, or that I am a wife--thankfully that seems to have been established, or that my husband is as involved as I claim.

I think my strong interest comes from the fact that in the AF, officers' wives were accepted as part of the team and were expected/encouraged to participate. I enjoyed the experience and the conversations. I have enjoyed your interest--thanks for including me!
L/NJW

SCT,

Before you take Netjetwife to task (nutjetwife is soooo immature..) you might want to consider this.

I may not agree with everything she says, but what is crystal clear from her posts is that shes the wife of a Netjets pilot. As such she makes more sacrifices for her husbands career choice than you'll ever know.

As it ever occured to you boneheads that while you were growing up with the dream of flying, your spouses where probabily not growing up with the dream of being a single wife/mother more than half of her life? If the roles were reversed, could you do it?

So cut her some slack ...

How VERY true and not a lot know that. At least not from some of the previous posts

I am not associated with NetJets but could not resist in passing comment on this subject of "advice" and/or spouses.

I can recall real well when my spouse was vilified by a certain airline's message board for daring to post - let alone make certain comments - a few years back. How dare she, she's not a pilot, this is a pilots' board, she's just a Suzy homemaker (actually she has her own very successful, independent career) etc.

It took quite a turn of events for the pilots to accept her occasional posts and like NJW, she too, was careful in knowing where the boundaries were.

As the wife of a pilot she had every interest in knowing and voicing concern, opinion that would not only affect the company but also the our lifestyles especially when the news was usually negative and would involve sacrifices.

I agree with ozpilot 100%. The ones who usually complain are not thinking with their heads. Most likely they are single, have never been in a relationship (at least not a successful long-term one) and do not realise the sacrifices not only the pilots make but also their loved ones. AS NJW says and being ex-military myself, we are a team and as such what affects one affects the other. There are no secrets. It works much better that way.

Come on guys, it's like CRM and it is 2006!!:) Give credit where credit is due.

And finally, professionalism does not stop at the cockpit door. We all know from many interview experiences and having paid our dues that looking and sounding professional does matter whether it be on a public message board or attending your umpteenth interview board. First impressions certainly count. How can you expect to be taken seriously if your (yes, it's your and not you're!!;) ) grammar, spelling and usage is not up to scratch.

Sometimes pilots are their own worse enemies......now, where have I heard that before???

Just my 2 c's worth...............

Actually i've got a different take. I don't post on my wife's union board and I try not to get too involved in her companies discussions. Maybe a barb there and here on FI or PPW because i know the inside joke but thats about it.

Different strokes for different folks. Not saying either one is right or wrong. Just different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back