• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Little Help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I appreciate the feedback everyone. I have well over the mins and the first year pay wouldn't be crippling either; I think you'll all agree on one thing and that is that the pay is a joke regardless. Gives me a leg up on a little research. Thanks.

My advice would be to target a regional that has the growth you need to get to the left seat. The majors are looking at some massive retirements starting in the next 5 years...you need to put yourself in a position to be competitive for one of those slots. PIC time is the key to getting an interview, if that is where you eventually want to go.

Advise

I appreciate the feedback everyone. I have well over the mins and the first year pay wouldn't be crippling either; I think you'll all agree on one thing and that is that the pay is a joke regardless. Gives me a leg up on a little research. Thanks.

AvJunke,

My advise to you would be to get on with a Regional as soon as you can and get current. Yes, the pay is not great but we all know that the goal is to move on to a major.

You need to get a current and go through a recent airline training program to get current. Also, do you have your BS degree? if not, I would also make that a priority after training. I believe most regionals are hiring now and that really is your best bet. I would look at Republic. I do have a bias towards the E170/190 but that is the airplane of the regional future. You'll get a type rating and be in a good position for a major.

Good Luck...

I'm literally shocked at the valid information each of you has provided. Sincere thanks. I've got 8,000 hours, a graduate degree, and as Little Deuce pointed out........need to get current somewhere. I updated my app on airlineapps and had two interview requests within four days which came as a shock to me and I'm not in a position to make a move just yet. The game didn't used to be played that way when the supply and demand curve was a bit different. I simply don't know the regional playing field today and thus my gratitude for the feedback. Cheers.

Republic or Skywest. If you're stuck somewhere longer than you want, it should be tolerable.

Republic or Skywest. If you're stuck somewhere longer than you want, it should be tolerable.
Yes!
Because going into an industry, based on conjecture has always worked well!
If you leave a decent paying job to enter this sh!t show, you deserve every cornholing coming your way! And you will get many. Enjoy your trans con commute!

I have been out of the industry for five years and am considering getting re-current and back in the game. My professional obligations don't permit the time to perform the exhaustive research necessary to investigate who the "better regionals" are today. If anyone is willing to provide some sincere, big boy/big girl feedback, regarding which carriers currently offer the best quality of life and which are experiencing the most growth, I would be sincerely appreciative. From what little I know, I would guess that SkyWest is best for quality of life and that Compass or GoJets offer the quickest movement. Is that wrong? Thanks.

Take your drug test... fail it.... go back to what you were doing.

Seriously.. Delta just bent over, with utmost skill, Pinnacle/Endeavor. That has now given them leverage over all the other DCI group (SkyWest Inc is likely next) Eagle is already using that against their group. Gojet is under constant rumor of being at the end of their usefulness as bottomfeeder thanks to Pinnacle. Mesa is and always has been Mesa (sucks) Comair has been in the grave for over a year, so has Mesaba.
If you can't get on with a major or at least something like Jet Blue or even Sun Country, Don't bother coming back.

Latest resources

Back