Lindsay Lang at SWA called today!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Red Barron,

Check your table, I proudly proclaim I am below you in the pool!!! I guess that would make me the DRAIN!!! Anyway thanks for the info for us at the bottom, at least it saves me a call. Hope to see you in dallas by St Patricks day!!

Sloopoke1:) :) :D

717 asked:
Do you still need a recommendation to get an interview?
No, you do not. Doesn't hurt to have a letter from a SWA pilot, but absolutely not required. Probably won't even help get the interview, in fact. Letters get read at the decision board, which happens after the interview. While you now have to submit your 3 letters with the app, I'm pretty sure that they're used the same way that they used to be, back when you could bring the letters with you to the interview. Until the decision board meets, they just don't matter.

Of course, when they start interviews anew, things may be different.

All,

Got my fingerprints done, today. Briefly spoke with LL while in LUV. She says I'm about 4 classes out (#60 on our unofficial list). BTW, a SWA pilot asked about me a couple of weeks ago and I was 5 classes out with no classes held since then. She had no news about classes but seemed hopeful, based on the recent news, that things might start happening. Great to be back in Dallas and feel like I might be progressing in some small way!

Good luck all,
shootr

Move up one!

Shootr,

I'll call your 4, and bet you make it in 3! I'm looking at 4, but I'm hoping for 3 on a prayer from NBA range, and I'm on your 6 by 4.

It looks like we had 13 players sit the last one out anyhow, so you're more like 47. Heck, if they go 24 per class, you're in #2 dude! ( the 2nd class, that is).

Coop ;)

I am #96 on our list and was also called by LL this week (23 July 03) for my fingerprints. I asked her if I was possibly getting an early Xmas present and she said nothing was planned, I was about 6 classes out, however with the recent good news things could happen. Also said that the law now requires us to be fingerprinted prior to being asked to come to a class.

Here's my predictions/speculation/opinion/guess!!!

1. Fingerprinting is merely something for the PD to do in the downtime, prior to things breaking loose.
2. Interviews will begin in the 4th quarter, since the current pool of approx 210 will be drained in 2004.
3. At least 1 class will begin prior to the end of the year with up to 3 classes as a possibility.
4. SWA will need 200 pilots at a minimum in 2004 to take care of the new aircraft. Retirements, medical leave, further expansion ie new routes and additionally additional aircraft, etc... will require additional numbers.
5. With the remaining 2 quarters of 2003 to go, and if they are as positive as the 2nd quarter was, and the FA contract resolved, then I predict that we will finally see how the conservative minded SWA handles expansion with new routes, new base/s, new planes, and new people.

Word from HQ.

As it currently stands....
1. Interviews to start around April 2004.
2. No new classes this year.
3. About 200 poolies, and that is quite enough to cover new hire training until Fall 2004.
4. Good idea to exersize "other" options until 2004.

I wish it was different, but this is the word. Somebody please tell me they know something better.

Sugardaddy Where are you in the Pool

Sugardaddy

I don't see you name in the Pool. Do you go by a different name on the Poolie list?

The numbers do not add up ...

LL is a great lady and wouldn't lie to you. But the PD are the first to admit that they are the last to know. I am just a caveman, but according to the the current aircraft orders and -200 retirements growth will be 7% in 04 (read the 2nd quater results; even Jim Parker said 6-7%, and he is conservative). There are more than 4000 pilots. .07*4000 = 280. There are over 100 pilots retireing next year. We are gonna hire 400+ next year - it is not wild conjecture, someone has to fly those jets.

So all those waiting to start or interview need to gut it out. You are gonna love it here and next year is gonna be amazing. Frankly, I am crossing my fingers for a couple of more classes this year, but that probably depends our quickly our brothers and sisters return from their service.

Latest resources

Back