Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Likelihood of NetJets Going Back To Gateways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Insatiable said:
How close to your assigned domicile do you need to live?

You just need to be there at your assigned show time. As it stands now, company will send you a brief via Blackberry the day before, and if you don't hear from them by 1900 local that evening, you call them. Generally, the next day's schedule is done early afternoon EST/EDT time the day before, and once briefed, they can't give you an earlier show, which is a big advantage for commuters.

For another response to my post, I will not concede anything for something the company will desperately need. No way they will find several thousand qualified pilots living in or willing to move to the limited domiciles provided post ratification. That's why we believe they will come to us asking for relief. We'll give it, but it will cost them, not us.

psysicx said:
What if you go to NJI from NJA can you live anywhere since they don't have certain bases?

Depends on how one "goes" to NJI from NJA. Someone who quits NJA and is hired by NJI would be covered by NJI work rules, hence one could fly from anywhere NJI management would allow. However if one is going to NJI via the new contract (and thus remaining an NJA pilot), then they would be covered by the NJA contract. That means one could be home-based (assuming one was on property prior to ratificiation) or in a domicile (assuming that person was hired post-ratification).

Pervis and ce750drvr,
It wont cost NJA anything to extend HBA to any pilot who joins the seniority list after 21 Nov 2005. Sect 13.1 (b) say the company MAY limit participation to 30%. Sorry.

otto feather said:
Pervis and ce750drvr,
It wont cost NJA anything to extend HBA to any pilot who joins the seniority list after 21 Nov 2005. Sect 13.1 (b) say the company MAY limit participation to 30%. Sorry.

Yeah, I thought that is what it said. I was just hoping the last sentence in 13.1 (b) allowed them to go over 30 % but only by those grandfathered in. Either way, you are correct.

As I read the CBA (hopefully correct), the 30% is above and beyond those grandfathered....IOW, grandfathered pilots are "immune" to domiciles regardless of the 30% rule.

Thats the way I read it too Terry.
The only way that we, as Grandfathered Pilots, could loose HBA, is that if at some point in time in the future we moved to one of the Company approved Domiciles and accecpted funds to offset the costs of moving. If you do that then you loose any right for future HBA.
If I was a new hire coming to NJA, something I would ask, is that if I accecpt money to move to a Domicile, does that remove me from ever being elgible for HBA in the future.
Sorry that you are still not a "blueridger" these days Terry? Heard all the BS that's going on over there? Its still the Tom&Kerry show that they don't want to let go of the remote and let someone else control it....Might be the end of it before the end of the year.

Just want to be sure here... What does the "30% participation" relate to? Does that leave room for NJA to only assign domiciles to 30% of the newhires that may not live near a 'good' airport? And if so does that allow for the remaining newbies to have homebasing or to even work thru the old gateways?

Is there anyone reading that has interviewed since 11/21 and if so did NJA assign a domicile with the offer?

Is there anyone reading that has interviewed since 11/21 and if so did NJA assign a domicile with the offer?

In the interview they asked what my 1st choice would be for a Domicile and what my 2nd choice would be. When they offered me the job, the person asked which one I wanted. My 1st choice was PBI and I was asked on the phone if PBI was still my 1st choice. I said yes. My domicile will be PBI.
It looks like that is how it'll run for the next 6 months. They'll ask you what you're two top choices are and if you get an offer of employment you can get your first choice.

Latest resources

Back