• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LIDO Anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never used it, but I have heard more good than bad about it from those who have used it or looked into possibly aquiring it.

We use LIDO at Evergreen. The charts look nice, but I much prefer Jepps.

Jepps have a better layout, they are more easily read, and deciphered.

Plus, I find LIDO Charts have a lot of wrong info. Everybody is entitled to make mistakes but LIDO seems to make a lot more than Jepp.

Oh, that's good to know - I'd always heard bad things, but never got any specifics on what the problems were.

The biggest compliant I heard was with customer service. LIDO is built in Euorope where there aren't many countries requiring dispatchers. Rather they have technicans and LIDO runs the show. Thing is that some American operators where buying the cheap version that wasn't allowing dispatchers to build routes and the LIDO folks where scratching their heads on why a dispatcher would need to build a route.

The biggest compliant I heard was with customer service. LIDO is built in Euorope where there aren't many countries requiring dispatchers. Rather they have technicans and LIDO runs the show. Thing is that some American operators where buying the cheap version that wasn't allowing dispatchers to build routes and the LIDO folks where scratching their heads on why a dispatcher would need to build a route.
PullToGuns has been known to refer to LIDO as "LIDO In, Dispatcher Out".

My purple box carrier uses Lido charts - thankfully we still have Jepps in our OpSpecs for an approved source of airport aeronautical data. Determining Alternate airport availability, and mins with inop components is a PITA with Lido.

I hear a MEM-based regional is getting Lido - again, poor bastards. The big brown box mover in KY uses Lido. Frontier pre merger had Lido for about a month and ********************canned it.

Yeah, the charts are pretty, but almost everything I'd ever need for an approach is on a single Jepp, with Lido I need to look at this chart and that one for doing alternates.

The Lido EFB application does look slick...

We dont use Lido for flight planning, thankfully...

My complaint was that it took multiple charts for SIDS/STARS, the charts were bigger, and I had to add an extra binder to an already stuffed flight bag. They are pretty to look at though. I've heard rumors that Lido in a EFB is good to great, but I haven't seen it to compare.

Latest resources

Back