Letter From Lindsay Lang today.

Old Crow

Total Time
10K+
I received a call from Lindsay Lang last August to expect an interview within 3 to 6 months. Of course that didn't happen. I've been in touch with her since and she said don't send an update... we don't need one now.

I received a letter today saying thanks for my interest in SouthWest, but... Hiring is to slow down now and therefore, "we'll be in touch when it picks up in a few months." Sincerely Lindsay.

What's up with that?

Anyone else get this letter?

Nandu

Total Time
The letter is a generic form letter letting everyone with apps on file know that interviews have been put on hold.

Several friends with current apps received the letter today also.

proav

Total Time
10,XXX
I got my letter today as well.

Looks like I will have plenty of time to get that 73 type.

Texan

Total Time
Some
Interviews

Heather in the Peple Department told me about a month ago they hoped to interview again in AUG.

Nothing firm.

So always keep your stuff ready and fresh! (LOR's)

Good Luck

Krunch

Total Time
Same letter...

I had just sent in an updated resume and a color copy of my 737 type rating as it finally had arrived. Within a week I got a similar letter from Lindsay Lang. I followed up with a phone call on Monday. Low and behold she called me back this morning. She explained that my application package had met the first hurdle and I had the proper credentials and experience etc. In her opinion there will be no movement in the pool till end of summer. For all the folks in the pool congrats I can only hope to join you all and eventually work with you...

"Krunch"