letter from dhl re canceling account

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tired_pilot

they seem to be using the one airline issue as the scapegoat to their customers....

Thank you for contacting DHL.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Our continued revenue losses in the U.S. are not acceptable and the state of the economy requires more immediate action. A key component of our costs is in aviation. DHL has had a goal to partner with a single air provider to address this cost issue. UPS provides a comprehensive solution to solve our domestic and international air lift needs in a cost effective and reliable way.

If I can be of any further assistance please advise.

Thank you for using DHL.

Last edited:
This the reponse I recieved after I notified DHL that I also will be using UPS as you say there are such a good company.

DHL response;

Thank you for contacting DHL. I am very sorry that your experience with DHL was not as pleasant as it should have been.DHL is making some positive changes to its
network operations to make it run much more efficiently. Many of the changes to our network will make DHL's services even more reliable.We hope that any experience that you may have using our services in the future will meet or exceed your expectation.

My response;

its not that it wasn't reliable its just just that if you think UPS is such a good company then I do also and will ship all UPS

DHL response;

I understand. UPS will be providing our air uplift only not the pick up and delivery service

My final response;

my point exactly
thank you

Agreed and agreed. It's the beginning of the end for DPWN/DHL's position as #1 worldwide. UPS was already gaining on them, now it's just a matter of time.

Not any time too soon. I would say late summer fall at the earliest. More likely, not before late fall

Latest resources

Back