• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let the rumours FLY ....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This thread really doesn't have significance until General Lee gives his opinion.

I bet the compnay in question is Flex. That's why Fred has been lashing costs all year so as to make the balance sheets look attractive to a potential buyer. As a condition of the sell, Bombardier gets the exclusive rights to all new NetJets aircraft purchases for a predeterminded number of years, plus a big launch customer for the Lear 85 in 2012. There won't be a pilot issue because NetJet's current staffing levels can absorb the demand(that's just my guess), and if they do need more pilots in the future, they just furloughed more than Flexjet has on their entire roster. So, they just bring those guys back instead of stapling the Flex guys to the bottom of the NetJet's senority list.
Then again I could just be full of sh^t !!!

A friend at Avantair told me that NJ was talking about buying out Avantair. Makes senses...........the payroll expense would actually go DOWN! LOLOLOL Or, it could just be a rumor.

I bet the compnay in question is Flex. That's why Fred has been lashing costs all year so as to make the balance sheets look attractive to a potential buyer. As a condition of the sell, Bombardier gets the exclusive rights to all new NetJets aircraft purchases for a predeterminded number of years, plus a big launch customer for the Lear 85 in 2012. There won't be a pilot issue because NetJet's current staffing levels can absorb the demand(that's just my guess), and if they do need more pilots in the future, they just furloughed more than Flexjet has on their entire roster. So, they just bring those guys back instead of stapling the Flex guys to the bottom of the NetJet's senority list.
Then again I could just be full of sh^t !!!

I think you may be on to something here. The manufacturers are looking for ways to sell airplanes. I wouldn't be surprised if this deal came with a large order or exclusive deal for aircraft in certain segments of the market, ie mid-size and entry level. NetJets just dumped the Cessna and Hawker/Beech orders. To me that says Flex or Options may be the targets. (I believe that Embrear and F/O have some ties correct?)

It will be interesting and hopefully that will allow our 482 brothers and sisters to come back soon.

And I haven't seen a recent balance sheet for FX, CS, or FLOPS - but I would guess FLOPS probably has more debt than the others, since Bombardier and Textron can absorb the debt themselves.

When Raytheon sold Flight Options to HIG almost all the debt was wiped off then so HIG started with a clean slate. All the debt occurred in the last 2 years was probably off set by the selling off the aircraft during our "right sizing" which ended last year when Ricci bought in and took majority control with his managers.

The little man has too big of an ego to sell FLOPS to Netjets.

There was an AIN article that referenced a merger that was pointed out to me be a Flex management pilot. He was adamant that I read the paragraph regarding the merger with little other comment. Just a thought. Could be nothing.

I doubt it is flex. The quote implied skokal would take the customers not the airplanes. The fleets are too different, challenger owners would not be happy about switchin to another plane.

Maybe they are buying a charter/jet card outfit? Easier paperwork there

Interested to see how this one plays out...

A large glut of new customers through agreement, increased flying through perceived economic prosperity, plus less loss of current owners, plus any potential new owners/sales...The economy will get better and there will be new owners...If this all comes to fruition it may shorten my 2 yr. prediction before the first recall..

My prediction..first recall will happen in time to have those pilots online by Fall of 2011 (first recall maybe around summer 2011 or so?) We should be very very busy by then. Depending on any catastrophes that may occur between now and then...Management will want to save some face and not have any call backs within atleast a 12-18 month timespan...Only regional airlines like to have the egg on their face....

Latest resources

Back