• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Still No Answer

your_dreamguy said:
Maybe LegalEagle can help.

That rat bastard? If he's your legal go-to guy, you're in trouble with a capital T (with rhymes with P which stands for pool)

You GAVE your fingerprints to sombody, the reason you gave them is immaterial. Lookng for a law that shows what uses someone cannot do with property you GAVE them shows a complete lack of understanding of our basic legal system. In general our legal system restricts behaviour, it does not in general, list allowed behaviour. Again there is volumes of case law for about 120 years that a person does not have a privacy interest in a likeness, photograph, a persons name, or other physical description . Fingerprints in this case, are a likeness, (photograph,) It is no different than if you gave your employer a picture of yourself, and they kept that, or gave it to the FBI, or put it on a billboard. All are allowed uses, not becasue there is a law that allows, but because there is not a law that disallows it.

There are many other worthwhile battles regarding privacy issues, pick a better one to fret over.

your_dreamguy said:
Are there enough pilots out there with the balls to get ALPA or some other organization to institute a change?

No...and run faster, the voices in your head are gaining on you.

I'm a privacy advocate. I do not have a problem with taking my fingerprints for a background check to get hired by my airline. However, after my fingerprints are run, what happens to them?
Your_dreamguy...below the scroll and paste is a link to the fbi's faq site on requesting information about your background check...at that site you will be able to click on the part where it says "For other questions related to this process click here." When you click on that, it'll take you to your outlook express and set you up so you can e-mail the department that handles this stuff...I'm sure they will be glad to answer your question.

1. What is the processing time?
Approximately 5-6 weeks for processing, upon receipt to the FBI.

2. Do you have procedures for expeditious handling?

The CJIS Division does not expedite requests, however if there is a
deadline, include this information in your letter and the CJIS Division
will try to work within the deadline if possible.

3. Can the FBI send the results to someone (or agency) other
than myself?

Under the Departmental Order 556-73, the results must go back to the
requestor.

4. Does the FBI *apostille?

(*An apostille is a document that has been "legalized" or "authenticated"
by the issuing agency. This is a process in which various seals are
placed on the document.)

No, the FBI does not apostille. If an apostille is requested, the CJIS
Division will provide a letter stating that this service is not provided.

5. What if my fingerprints are continuously rejected?

Have multiple sets of fingerprints taken, preferably by a fingerprinting
technician (this service may be available at a Law Enforcement Agency).
Mail all fingerprint forms to the CJIS Division with your request.

For other questions related to this process click here.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/faqs.html

I was immediately struck by the words "I'm a privacy advocate."

That sounds interesting.

I'm curious, how does one determine an acceptable level of privacy? What exactly IS privacy?

While we no longer live in the mail-by-horseback days of the founders, we have a level of privacy that is dictated by our society and our technology. The more we take part in society, particularly in secure and sensitive activities, the more we can logically expect to be asked to give up a portion of our personal information as a prerequisite of that inclusion.

Most people go through life without ever being figerprinted. If you are interested in privacy issues, I'd recommend that you look into the violations of the Social Security Act that happen every day. Chew on this piece of scripture:

Rev 13:16 " He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,

17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Many have talked about this numbering of people, a "mark" that allows people to buy and sell. Possibilities include the SS number or a debit account number.

What makes it more interesting is that we have already developed subcutaneous passive transponders that activate and send out a signal when scanned. Right now, they are being used to find lost children and pets. Can we be far from the bankcard world using this technology to allow for easy purchasing? Could this eventually lead to an Orwellian ID system?

You betcha.

Last edited:
I didn't think it was possible...but it happened. :rolleyes:

17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

...and by the way, that's not from the Bible...it sounds more like an Iron Maiden song. Geez. :D

Of course it could happen.

We are talking about privacy, something which no doubt decreases with advancing technology.

Revelation is a prophetic book. It contains things shown to John that have yet to happen in his timeline. Things that will happen.

When it does, many will have to "run to the hills." (obscure Iron Maiden reference)

:D

Last edited:
bud, they take your finger prints and steal them, you'll never see them again, ever...the FBI, CIA, FAA, will be searching for you forever, run...run fast...there is no way that you can escape...Mexico? did that ever cross your mind? every thing that you touch, can now be linked to you, and you're gonna be followed, hunted down, and spyed on...there is no such thing as privacy, you should just go get alot of water and live in a cave heavily armed and scared out of your mind that the boogie man is coming for you...face it, once they've got the prints your life will never be the same...

i just made all that up...:D

Jmmccutc said:
i just made all that up...:D [/B]

Dayum....good thing I read all the way to the end...I already had my rags ready to erase all my prints, my camelback full of water, and all the guns I could carry...going to find a cave(unfortunately, the only ones I know are water filled)...I just read all the way to the end to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything! :D

Latest resources

Back