• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Simon Says

New Airbus Regional Jet
Question..

Started a 4 day trip.

Day one..scheduled for 5.5 hours. I had to do an air return which added 3 extra hours for the day. Total flying for that day was 8.7 hours.

Day two,

I will have 12 hours of rest. Blocked in the night before at 7:45pm and my show time is 8:35am. I am scheduled to fly 7.5 hours today and am scheduled to be off at 9:45 pm.

Does legal to start legal to finish here? Or does this rule even apply because the schedule is legal and I haven't deviated from the schedule?

If you are close to or over 30/7 that may be a problem but nothing else jumps out as illegal from a quick glance.

Seems legit so far....What do you think is illegal?

What Part 135 0r 121?

121 ops. I was thinking the more than 8 hour of flying in a 24 hour period, but nothing was rescheduled. Unless the air return was considered a reschedule.

Thanks guys,,,,I think I am legal.

thanks

Sec. 121.471 — Flight time limitations and rest requirements: All flight crewmembers.

(a) No certificate holder conducting domestic operations may schedule any flight crewmember and no flight crewmember may accept an assignment for flight time in scheduled air transportation or in other commercial flying if that crewmember's total flight time in all commercial flying will exceed— (1) 1,000 hours in any calendar year;
(2) 100 hours in any calendar month;
(3) 30 hours in any 7 consecutive days;
(4) 8 hours between required rest periods.

You probably fly more than 8 hours in a 24 hour period frequently without realizing it.

121 ops. I was thinking the more than 8 hour of flying in a 24 hour period, but nothing was rescheduled. Unless the air return was considered a reschedule.

Thanks guys,,,,I think I am legal.

thanks

Did you keep the same flight number on your second attempt?

You can fly over eight hours in a 24 hour period as long as you have required rest somewhere in that 24 hour period. You maybe confusing 24 hour period with duty period (you would be limited to 8 hours of scheduled block in a duty period, but you may go over 8 actual block hours for unscheduled unforeseen events).

You can fly over eight hours in a 24 hour period as long as you have required rest somewhere in that 24 hour period. You maybe confusing 24 hour period with duty period (you would be limited to 8 hours of scheduled block in a duty period, but you may go over 8 actual block hours for unscheduled unforeseen events).

I think the 2nd attempt would be illegal. Not if you ask scheduling of course. The 2nd departure was not unforseen.

Latest resources

Back