Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CLR2LAN said:
Is that what they are calling it over there these days? :beer:

After all my bills I still have almost $20 all to myself to splurge on things like groceries and gas!

I should have mentioned that the last line dealing with the money was all hypothetical.

gkrangers said:
I for one would rather be an FO at 35k than a McDonalds manager....but thats just me...

A first year FO at 35k, I'd take.

...it's the five years before that as an FO at 18k that suck the fun out of it.

-mini

minitour said:
A first year FO at 35k, I'd take.

...it's the five years before that as an FO at 18k that suck the fun out of it.

-mini
Meh..the negativity gets to me sometimes...

18k your first year, maybe. Second? No...30s if you have a good contract...which would be just fine with me..

I have done the regional FO thing and it was a lovely experience to say the least. I am in corporate now and actually have a good job. Plenty of time off and good pay, that why it really pains me to have to leave. If I were still doing my 6 days of reserve with a day off and 6 more on, then it would be a very easy and painless decision. However that is not the case.

Maybe I should look for a good government/city job. Fil potholes or pick up trash for $70K with a pension when its all done. I tried to follow the family tradtion with the local fire departemnt when they had a test, but then again so did 35,000 others, so that is a long shot. I'm still looking................

Canadair RJ said:
Possibly Air Traffic Control. Decent money, and it seems like it'd be a fun job.

Totally seems like a great job, but you have to start controlling traffic by your 31st birthday. Might be difficult to do if you are past that or are getting close.

Im loosing the fight to maintain my 1st class medical........they just banned my anti-pshycotic/anti-parania meds! Just kidding, I have been working against Diabetes for the last 8 years.

citdrver said:
Im loosing the fight to maintain my 1st class medical........they just banned my anti-pshycotic/anti-parania meds! Just kidding, I have been working against Diabetes for the last 8 years.
I figured it might be medical, I'm sorry. Good luck, and I hope you can still fly for fun some day.

Thanks to the new spot pilot rule I dont need no stinkin' medical any ways!! I can still hold a 3rd class which will allow me to still instruct so I have that going for me.

Im turning 35 this year, so ATC is no longer an option. I also lost my hair so modeling is out. The only workout I mainly do is running, so I am skinny and I am also Irish and consequently I am rather pastey looking so male modeling/prostritution is also a forgone option. Did I mention I was bald?

Latest resources

Back