Leave SWA for AA or Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You should.
You need it and better that than you dredging up and complaining about things that won't change

Divorces and heart attacks happen that way

More wisdom...awesome.

You guys are so generous and unselfish. I really mean that. Thanks. It just warms my heart to know that hopefully, some day soon, I'll be working right along side such great people.

Heard from FAT pilot just out of transition training, take it for what it's worth...

Yeah, you usually "hear" something good about once a week.

Say, I heard from a ramper's cousin's brother's sister's step-mom's second cousin in BWI that you were a tool bag.

You woke up the general again, I hear he is trying to get 717 type !!!!

Nah, I'm waiting for the 737, and then bigger. I prefer longer legs, not mini hops like most of your flights.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Nah, I'm waiting for the 737, and then bigger. I prefer longer legs, not mini hops like most of your flights.

Bye Bye---General Lee

This is why it's so easy for you to outsource eh?
Bc you disrespect those mini-hops

I guess I'll never be a "real" pilot and fly the heavy iron on autopilot all day and never land

To the original poster, I feel and understand your frustration. Don't get caught up in all the pissing contests that come up here and just get the good an bad points.

The movement at the legacies will be good for sure, but get in early if you choose that route. After a while you will have diminishing returns by going versus staying. Target your airlines and breakdown the retirements per year and see how long for upgrade at each if hired in 2014.

After that make a spreadsheet on expected earnings between your target airlines and what you make now. Include retirement match and maybe profit sharing (this one hard to guess). Do this for every year until retirement with totals to compare to your other target airlines.

I'm not sure how far from the bottom you are but keep in mind furlough cushion. Yeah we've never furloughed at Swa but with our current regime anything is possible to save a penny.

Being furlough fodder sucks and knowing you will be out of work soon is very stressful on you and the family. I do think that with the large number of retirements that if an economic hiccup occurs, furloughs may be small or not at all. But what do I know.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back