Leather Jackets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UALjan15, very well said.

Fed Ex, It was Mr. Rogers, not the Beav--- It is a wounderful day in the neighborhood......LOL

Both USAJet and Kalitta wear leather jackets.

Darby Crash, I think we may be the only two people on these boards that appreciate your handle.

HMR that jacket is DABomb. Where do I apply?

And SMOE, whats wrong with Fabulair? They are supposed to be thooooper to work for. I hear everyone has a gay ole time there.

Germs were a great band.
Leather jackets would be fine if they didn't look cheesey. Memebers only jackets are not stylish, unless your hoppin' out of your Smokey and the Bandit trans am.....
Is there a cool looking leather jacket?
The worst part are is around the bottom of the jacket where they bunch up the leather... Reminds me of pants with a built in stretch zone for the many of us who are fat.
adios
snowman

Leather jackets are a joke. The bussiness flyers are laughing at you guys. You look like Captain Fonzie...AAAAYYYY!

they don’t care what you are wearing

Maybe not, but they will notice. I won't name the airline involved, but waiting for a US Air Express flight out of Boston a couple years ago, there was an express CA and a slightly chubby FO and two 91/135 pilots (I know cuz they said they flew a Hawker) talking in front of the downstairs windows. The express guys had no hat or jacket, just "clean and serviceable" short-sleeved shirts with all the trimmings and no creases, while the two 91/135 guys were wearing dark gray dress pants and uniform jackets with slanted, silver stripes on the sleeves. I must say, they were really sharp looking ... pressed, starched white shirts, smart ties and tacs, neat haircuts ... etc.

An older lady sitting next to my girlfriend leaned over toward us and pointed and said "I hope our pilots are the guys on the left." and kind of chuckled.

Opinions are all fine and dandy, but don't kid yourself. Passengers do notice. :)

Minh

leather flight jackets are OUT

these are OUT

they were "cool" in the 80's but not now

if I had a $1 for the number of times I have seen airline PAX raise their airbrows and smirk when they observed a airline pilot with his leather jacket, bars, and nameplate "CAPT JIM ROGERS" on, I would have 500 bucks in my pocket

snowman said:
The worst part are is around the bottom of the jacket where they bunch up the leather... Reminds me of pants with a built in stretch zone for the many of us who are fat.
adios
snowman

That's why the Independence Air jackets are the best in the business.

Every time I see a pilot in a leather jacket, I can't help but think of the Sporty's Pilot Shop catalogs. I mean, for some reason, our (airline pilot's) management has used "allowing" us to wear certain trendy uniform articles (i.e. no hat, leather jacket, etc...). These trends from the younger generation, of which I am a part, are daunting to the professionalism of the industry. I am tired of seeing pilots carrying around their suitcase with a backpack swung over their shoulder, wearing Doc Martin's or some other thick-soled boot. But I don't know what is worse; that, or the guys that have scuffed up shoes that are never polished, or a shirt that is not ironed. Sure the leather is durable and maybe more durable than the suit jacket. I just hope we don't let the ties go next year and switch to cargo pants the year after that. This profession is continually getting "dumbed down"; I hope that this does not come up in the minds of company men and women at the negotiating table around contract time, as I am sure that it does. Kudos to Delta for not dumping the uniform for a trendier look.

Latest resources

Back