• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Learning to fly the AT-6

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just thought I'd stick my head in the thread, as it's interesting rading in anticipation of getting checked out in a few weeks.

I've got one flight so far including a bunch of acro and one landing, and can't wait for more. So far, my experiences echo what Bugchaser said... if you put it down at the right attitude and pointing straight ahead, everythings' fine, just like any other airplane. I guess the differences come in when you don't.

I guess the differences come in when you don't.

That was my exact point. While not really hard to fly, it isn't what you'd call forgiving.

Where abouts are you, nuggy? Anywhere around the S.E.?

Nope, I'm in the SF bay area, but I'll be all over the west coast this summer hauling rides, which brings me to my present situation regarding the Texan :)

Last edited:
Nope, I'm in the SF bay area, but I'll be all over the west coast this summer hauling rides, which brings me to my present situation regarding the Texan :)

Which is?:confused: Have never heard of any FBO's flaunting T-6 time? Do you know someone who owns one? That would be Too Cool for School!:D

Which is?:confused: Have never heard of any FBO's flaunting T-6 time? Do you know someone who owns one? That would be Too Cool for School!:D

Actually these guys in San Carlos offer one for a little under $300 an hour, and it even says they'll rent it to you solo, with minimums that are very very reasonable.

Anyway that's not what I'm doing, since I can't afford it. So I did the next best thing, I got a job flying one :cool: http://www.americanwarbird.com/. I go get checked out mid-February and then spend 6 months on the road eating, sleeping and drinking T-6 all the way from Arizona, through California, up to Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. I'm so giddy in anticipation that I pee a little every time I think about it. :nuts:

Last edited:
Actually these guys in San Carlos offer one for a little under $300 an hour, and it even says they'll rent it to you solo, with minimums that are very very reasonable.

Anyway that's not what I'm doing, since I can't afford it. So I did the next best thing, I got a job flying one :cool: http://www.americanwarbird.com/. I go get checked out mid-February and then spend 6 months on the road eating, sleeping and drinking T-6 all the way from Arizona, through California, up to Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. I'm so giddy in anticipation that I pee a little every time I think about it. :nuts:

LOL...did KK tell you about the time he got lost flying out of Fresno and ended up in the Owens Valley?

LOL...did KK tell you about the time he got lost flying out of Fresno and ended up in the Owens Valley?

No, should I be worried? ;) If I were in Fresno for more than a few minutes I'd wanna get lost too....

No, should I be worried? ;) If I were in Fresno for more than a few minutes I'd wanna get lost too....

I hear that! I've been there nine months and am making my escape back to the Bay Area in a few weeks. Whew....
:uzi: ---->Fresno

Side note: when I spoke with West Valley Flying Club at San Carlos, they informed me the T-6 couldn't be rented out solo.

Side note: when I spoke with West Valley Flying Club at San Carlos, they informed me the T-6 couldn't be rented out solo.

From what I understand, the only people that can solo it are the 'partners' in the airplane.

Latest resources

Back