• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Learjet 45 crashes in Telluride

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can someone pm me the names of the crew? I used to work there, and I am curious if I know these guys. Thank goodness they weren't hurt!

Don't know what regulations you have been reading but you can depart under Part 91 zero-zero to an airport that is zero-zero and do as many approachs at that airport as you want and then go to your alternate. The only restriction is fuel. Not the smartest thing to do, but legal.

What the hell are you talking about??? And what is a MU400?

What the hell are you talking about??? And what is a MU400?

It's obvious BEFly; it's a 'Made-Up 400'- great a/c: fast, maneuverable and, of course, as it's a figment of the imagination it's cheap to run!;)

0 ? 0 ?

Quote "Don't know what regulations you have been reading but you can depart under Part 91 zero-zero to an airport that is zero-zero and do as many approaches at that airport as you want and then go to your alternate. The only restriction is fuel. Not the smartest thing to do, but legal."

==============================

Just because your US FAA let you do something like that, remember when your in Canada or Europe your will have to abide by the ICAO countries published minimums. Don't dive into Gander (part91) or you may get a inquisitive letter from their FAA. the same in Europe. Your ticket on that N register may have just pulled you your last landing in Paris or London when you ducked and drove it in there ......

Know before you go !!

You're going to suggest that Clay Lacy doesn't understand minimums?

Well, he for damn sure doesn't understand a picket line, so he obviously has no integrity - so it follows that he'll probably do anything that seems expeditious at the time.

Well, he for damn sure doesn't understand a picket line, so he obviously has no integrity - so it follows that he'll probably do anything that seems expeditious at the time.

You're one of those whiny panty-waists that loves to throw around the word "scab," aren't you? Just what one might expect of an airline pilot.

I proudly flew corporate for a number of years as well, never planned on being an airline pilot, just worked out that way. Have a number of friends who are still in corporate, I would not mind returning myself if there was a good opportunity. I always thought we were all just pilots, but I guess you need to make distinctions.

I do not throw the word scab around. However, I have very little tolerance for someone who will come in and undercut someone else for their personal short term gain. It's wrong when someone offers to fly right seat in a corporate jet for free to build time (some of those are just inexperienced and need a to be educated on how they are undercutting the industry), and it's wrong when people cross a picket line because they see a quick personal gain they could not otherwise obtain.

I gather you feel otherwise, perhaps you'd care to explain.

PS - I don't know of the 150 or 152 operation you cite towing gliders out of Telluride, but I'll bet a dollar that it does not have the stock engine on it, which changes the equation more than a little bit.

Last edited:
No, it doesn't have a stock powerplant. It's a 150 hp O-320, if I recall...which is really quite irrelevant. It's still a small single engine Cessna towing another airplane. It requires more than just raw power, but also some element of pilot skill.

The point made in showing it flies out of Telluride isn't that it's a 150, it's about the pilot calling for Telluride to be shut down because he thinks it's a dangerous place. It's not. The pilot calling for it to be shutdown has determined that the field is beyond his capabilities, and that's fine...but it's not the field that's at fault, it's the pilot.

When a small light single engine airplane can not only operate out of there, but tow other airplanes out of there...the runway isn't too short, nor too steep, as the other pilot asserted.

I've flown corporate aircraft of varying types in there on numerous occasions, without difficulty, as have thousands upon thousands of others. Seems the problem isn't the field, but the individual calling for it to be closed.

As for Clay Lacy, I don't know the man, but I've used his FBO on many occasions, and flown his passengers. He has a good facility, good service, and I have no complaints about the man.

You may return to memorization of your scab list, now.

No, it doesn't have a stock powerplant. It's a 150 hp O-320, if I recall...which is really quite irrelevant. It's still a small single engine Cessna towing another airplane. It requires more than just raw power, but also some element of pilot skill.

The point made in showing it flies out of Telluride isn't that it's a 150, it's about the pilot calling for Telluride to be shut down because he thinks it's a dangerous place. It's not. The pilot calling for it to be shutdown has determined that the field is beyond his capabilities, and that's fine...but it's not the field that's at fault, it's the pilot.

When a small light single engine airplane can not only operate out of there, but tow other airplanes out of there...the runway isn't too short, nor too steep, as the other pilot asserted.

I've flown corporate aircraft of varying types in there on numerous occasions, without difficulty, as have thousands upon thousands of others. Seems the problem isn't the field, but the individual calling for it to be closed.

As for Clay Lacy, I don't know the man, but I've used his FBO on many occasions, and flown his passengers. He has a good facility, good service, and I have no complaints about the man.

You may return to memorization of your scab list, now.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.
:cool:

Latest resources

Back