Lear45 tech question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BIGSLAW

Does anyone here have an in depth understanding of the bleed air system for the lear45? I am getting conflicting answers.

My question is in regards to the position of the valves for the LP, HP and EMER Press when power is lost...i.e. dual generator failure. Which ones fail closed, fail open, or fail in position.

Thanks in advance.

remember

Those values are spring loaded and energized closed (emer valve)..... it takes servo air (I believe LP air rather than HP) and DC electrical power to keep them that way. If you lose either of those 2 things (DC elect power/servo air) those valves will open and you will go into emer pres.

Now if you lose both generators you will still have electical power via the batteries until they are gone. You'll have servo air to those valves as long as there is an engine running.

Just remember...elect power and servo air or I go emer pres. If you remember that you can answer all the questions regarding what they do.

mark

p.s.......if you suddenly go into emer pres in the sim...check your curcuit breakers...sim instructors like to pop them to sim electrical loss.

Latest resources

Back