• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lear Drivers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Couldn't tell you...I've never had them both running on the ground except at the hold line...

For Turbo, there was a guy who really used to the "dead stick" thing in a single up here in the northeast. He would fly cross-country until the prop stopped, then glide into the nearest uncontrolled field, and hopefully coast up to the FBO. It was sort of an urban legend around here - there were people along the mid-atlantic coast who swore they were at the airport when he "dropped in," but most of his didn't believe anyone would really do that. Then a couple of years ago he was nabbed by a fed who happened to be at the airport when he declared his usual "emergency."

The dumb thing is, he had his family in the plane. Otherwise, he's more or less just a sort-of-crazy glider pilot...

Last edited:
If we were all the "good" just think how much money we could save all our airlines, we might just be able to turn this whole thing around....

Speaking of engines out and dead sticks (and brains), does anybody remember the departure accident a few years ago (I think) in a Corvette (light twin biz jet)? It involved an attempted takeoff on one engine, with the intent of performing a windmill start when enough airspeed was accumulated during the takeoff roll.

Needless to say, they never left the runway, intact. I believe everyone survived.

I don't remember the details, but the event sticks out in my mind.

Did it once for real in a Lear24D out of GUA, she lit right on rotation worked like a champ and we flew the bird home. Got to use a lot of special procedures so don't try this at home.....

Its 0400 at MDW and about -10 below zero..Friday morning and its your last leg home for a four day weekend..
#2 wont turn..

Your buddy pulls to the line..Gives you some power out of #1..15%N2..Lite that sucker..Were going home..

Been there done that..

MLBWINGBORN

Glad to see that there are some other practicle guys out there. Wonder if that will work on a 737//?????????

Latest resources

Back