Lear daily rate?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA-44Typed

I was approached about doing some contract flying and am curious what the going daily rate for a FAR 135 Lear PIC/SIC is in central Florida?
I am typed and current in the in the 31, 35, and 55. Thanks.

$500 day seems normal and I live in Scottsdale AZ (kinda pricey). Maybe $250 for a Crappy FO

Depends on what type of 135 it is. There are umpteen air ambulances in Florida and most of them pay next to nothing. Fulltime F/O's working for $20k! If you set your rate at $400/day, after taxes you are taking home about $250 or so. Plus, you have to take part of that to put towards paying your own recurrent in most cases as a contract pilot. If you work for $250-300/day, you will find at the end of the year that you made nothing. Make sense? Of course that all depends on how many days you are getting. 20 days @ 300/day is 6000/month or 72,000/year. Most people will hire a fulltimer for less than that.

Can someone explain how you can be a "Contract" pilot? Seems to me that it doesn't pass the IRS interpretation of being a contractor.

$500 a day for S. Florida where the pay sucks. You can charge more, but you might go to the bottom of the list for contract workers. Repositiopning plans often pays more, I don't know why. Some chick just called me yeterday to move a LR25, she said she would pay $650 PIC, $450 for SIC, unfortunitly those #s are usually for G-1159s, but I'll take it.

$500 a day for S. Florida where the pay sucks. You can charge more, but you might go to the bottom of the list for contract workers. Repositiopning plans often pays more, I don't know why. Some chick just called me yeterday to move a LR25, she said she would pay $650 PIC, $450 for SIC, unfortunitly those #s are usually for G-1159s, but I'll take it.

Anyone flying a Gulfstream for those numbers should be shot.

Latest resources

Back