Lear 60 comments

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ultrarunner

We may buy one so I'd like some comments from those with operational experience.

I have researched the plane (we're looking at a very late ser. # bird) flown it a bit, etc... it fits our mission and such. Would just like to hear from those who have flown it.

thanks

Good bird, great performer, nice hot-n-high abilities and climbs like a bat outta hell.

Standup cabin with lav, enough for folks to at least stretch there legs and take a leak on those coast-to-coasts.

Dual Collins FMC’s and a full glass pit, typical Learjet cockpit, must put it on. Passengers always talked fond of it, pleasantly surprised when the got in. Usual, stereotypical idea of what a Lear is, or having been in a smaller cabin Lear, most found it hard to believe the Lear 60 was a big at it is.

Baggage compartments with easy access, overwing emergency exits that can open to facilitate baggage loading from the outside.

Some come with the APU some don’t, try to find one that does.

Coast to coast range, west coast to Nassau or LA to Hawaii non-stop, both directions against a winter headwind

BFL at sea level is around 5300 feet, will stop in less than 3500 feet.

DOC’s were running for us around the book value of $780.00, but our bird was almost brand new.

Average fuel burn around 1200 to 1250 per hr, which puts it in the 6 hr category. We ran ours at a fixed cost of $307,000 per year.

All-n-all, nice bird, loved flying it, have just a tad over 1,000 hrs SIC in the jet.

TMMT

LR60

The above post is on the money.
Most economical airplane I have ever flown.
Cruise altitude in 11 to 14 min. with the help of ATC.

Now the bad news:
Steer clear of runways under 5,000 ft. dry.
AD on the brakes for cupping,can't seem to be solved.
Electrical glitches, especially with high humidity.
Hydraulic pump failures.
Starter/Generator failures.
APU is a $300,000 battery charger only.

Great plane! But it really bugs me to hear of people flying it to Hawaii. It really is a strech and in the winter you can have a huge wet footprint.

If you have the choice get one with the universal FMS's, the Collins suck in comparison. Also the newer models have the wheel spin up kits which are nice.

still a lear

Yea but it's still a Lear! I've got a buddy who flies both the lear and a falcon and he said today that if there were offering 3 lear's and 1 falcon for the same price he'd take the falcon!

Latest resources

Back