• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LCC or NJA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, looks like the flood gates may have opened this week. How many have left or put in their notices since Jan 1st?

Finally some recognition for the talent that exists here (on the line)

How's the environment at Net? Thinking of going back to corporate flying, noticed NJ is hiring again. I would think that the pay would get better and quality of life since you are the biggest guy on the block. Just curious at what current NJ guys think about their future there.

How's the environment at Net?

Toxic. In the wake of record profits, management is demanding large cuts in pay and benefits. Picketing is taking place in multiple locations, by pilots, flight attendants, mechanics, and dispatchers.

Just curious at what current NJ guys think about their future there.

I'm job hunting after nearly 10 years, if that's any indication.

Confussed I am, if your getting what is highlighted in red then why leave? What schedule and year are you comparing earings if you make as much. Granted, we don't make FedEx wages, but we are not FedEx. We wages now that pilots can survive and be proud.
I'll ask you the following. Does your airline cover your medical/dental at 100% company cost? Does your airline cover your FAA medical and EKG (if needed)? Do they provide you a $400 uniform allowance plus $100 for alterations? Do they provide crew meals and a tax-free per diem? Do they offer 100 bases? Are you paid if a flight cxl? Are you paid to travel to work? Are you able to reap the benefits of keeping your hotel and airline points? How about O/T for your duty day more then 12 hours?
Not being an ass mind ya, just pointing some of the benefits a lot of pilots don't realize NJA pilots receive. I have talk with more then a fair share of airline pilots that don't have a clue what we do and what we are about. Either they are living in a damn box or they have their head in the hole in the ground.
Look long term and dig deep to find out everything about NJA. Ask any of us in an airport when you are killing time and you'll discover a wealth of info.
Good luck with your company.

Forgot all about this thread. Made the choice to go to nja and it was obviously the wrong choice. Should have stuck it out at f9. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. Ended up being the best thing that happened was getting furloughed though as it lead me to my current gig.
I would take any of the LCC's now over nja if I was considering employment though.

Well, looks like the flood gates may have opened this week. How many have left or put in their notices since Jan 1st?

Finally some recognition for the talent that exists here (on the line)

Is it 9 so far? I'm losing count. And that's only those that are posting their departure.

Ten year FO's topped out st $80,000 a year.
No thanks, vote with your feet. I did. What a freaking waste.

Anyone who would chose a fractional over an airline that flies Boeing/Airbus products is a fool.

I have worked at both places.

My opinion. YMMV

Ten year FO's topped out st $80,000 a year.
No thanks, vote with your feet. I did. What a freaking waste.

Oof, I was easily beating that 6 years at a regional - that's Embry-Ridiculous.

Ok, easily is a bit of an exaggeration, but I wasn't going nuts.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back